1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The MEANS of SALVATION...

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Skandelon, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Come on Ann, you know better than that! I'm saying that Calvinism is a wrong interpretation of the Scripture.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Romans 6

9We know that Christ, being raised from the dead, will never die again; death no longer has dominion over him. 10For the death he died he died to sin, once for all, but the life he lives he lives to God. 11So you also must consider yourselves dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus.

12Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, to make you obey its passions. 13 Do not present your members to sin as instruments for unrighteousness, but present yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life, and your members to God as instruments for righteousness. 14For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace.

Romans 8:10 But if Christ is in you, although the body is dead because of sin, the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

So where is the error Robert?

3. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

We are evidently on two different wave links.

I was saying that according to Calvinism, a dead person cannot respond to the Gospel or to anything. If this definition of being dead is correct then a person who is dead to sin could not sin. However, we all know that as Christians we still sin. This is the error I was talking about; the Calvinist's definition of death is what is wrong.

I believe that death is separation, not inability. Therefore, a person who is dead spiritually, although they are separated from God by their sin, can respond to the Gospel message.

Sorry for the confusion.