1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Mediator of a Better Covenant !

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Aug 23, 2012.

1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Heb 8:6

6 But now hath he [Christ] obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he[Christ] is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

The Lord Jesus Christ, in His Death, Established and enacted a Better Covenant for God's Elect, the People of God, God's Covenant People, known under the OC as Israel !

Under the OC God's People had duties they were required to perform, such duties that would establish them as God's Covenant People. Now those duties under that Covenant, that God did enjoin for them to perform, now under the NC or the Better Covenant, inaugurated by Jesus Christ and which He mediates. The word better is the greek word kreittōn and means:

more useful, more serviceable, more advantageous

2) more excellent

Now the word is a derivative of kratos which means:

force, strength

2) power, might: mighty with great power

a) a mighty deed, a work of power

3) dominion

By this Better Covenant, more Excellent, God now puts forth strength in them to will and to do of His good pleasure. He causes them to do His Will by His Power put forth in them ! Case in point, God did command His Covenant People Israel here Deut 10:16

16 Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked.

Now under the New Covenant or better Covenant God makes a promise Deut 30:6

6 And the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

Thats a Better Promise from a Better Covenant, that is Mediated through Jesus Christ.

This Promise is confirmed to the seed through Christ Rom 4:16, His Death and Blood of the New Covenant Matt 26:28

But this is only for God's Elect, the Seed, God's Covenant People not only in Israel, but throughout the World !

2. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

The Mediator of a Better Covenant !

Ezk 18:31

31 Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

Again, God is speaking only to His Covenant People in this command, and so it is when He maketh this promise Ezk 36:26-27

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

This Promise is confirmed unto all for whom Christ died and shed His Blood of the New Covenant, and so unto them, God must apply those Promises , which He does through Jesus Christ !