1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Mental Illness/Sin Threads

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by InTheLight, May 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Ann your continuation of making false statements saying people say things when they have not or twisting what they do say is your picture. Remove the blinders and look at it!

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

All I said is to post a picture of a soul. We were challenged to post a picture of a mind, I'd like to see a picture of a soul. No false statement here and you have no basis for an accusation at all. I doest think the man protests too much!! I wonder why?

3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Alcoholism is not a disorder. Such statement is just another way to cover responsibility for sin as drugs do.
    Alcoholism come s from sinning. No one ever becomes an alcoholic who has never been drunk. Alcoholism is sinning ones self into a trap of sin.

Drugs only mask while confession and forsaking heals the sinner.
    All eating disorders are not disorders but sin run wild. Identity disorder is not a disorder but sin run wild. all sin is dealt with the same way, confession and forsaking. The rebellious reject that and seek other ways of dealing with their sin. Some just cover it with drugs and some use terms to justify but all it does is add to the sin already in place and mask the truth to themselves.

4. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

:rolleyes::laugh::laugh:

5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

#85 freeatlast, May 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2012
  6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How about post traumatic stress disorder? What sin should be confessed and forsaken?

7. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

It depends on the person. Did you read the article and watch the video?

8. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

9. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

10. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

So if a man is sleep walking, dreaming about fighting for his life in Vietnam, and he beats his daughter to death in his sleep- is he a murderer?

#90 Luke2427, May 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2012
  11. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Watch the video.

12. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

The question is extraordinarily simple.

Are you afraid of the question?

13. mandym

mandym New Member

I just want to thank you for confirming your absolute silliness.

14. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

I know alcoholism is not a disorder. That is why I put quotes around the word disorder.

My point was, every one of those "disorders" is nothing more than a behavioral problem. And the Word of God has answers for behavioral problems.

15. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The assumption that "the Word of God has the answers for behavioral problems" does not in extend to answer meaning cure.

Sometimes folks seek answers and no cure is found.

The alcoholic can find an answer for why they are an alcoholic, but there is no cure for alcoholism or any other addictive personality disorder manifestation.

A Godly professional will use available tools to first set the alcoholic on a healthy regimen and also counsel to ferret out the triggers. During this process, there is no judgment made as to the spiritual condition, but that be will exposed as the Holy Spirit works in the process.

To suggest that answers equate to cure (even if only implied) is a mistake of Scriptural use.

16. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

And God told Paul, "Your local pharmacy is Sufficient."

What? That's not what it says? Oh, I misread. "My Grace is Sufficient."

There is a cure for alcoholism. The world would have you believe there is no cure. They want to keep you in bondage. But the Word of God reveals the cure.

There is no such thing as a Christian Alcoholic. The two are diametrically opposed to each other.

That's right, all on needs to cure alcoholism is to become a Christian.

And the same cure for the alcoholic (the Bible calls them drunkards) will cure all of those other disorders. That cure is the Lord Jesus Christ.

17. mandym

mandym New Member

You may want to take a look at your signature.

18. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is sad is that some actually believe what you posted and serve wine at the table of the Lord.

The addictive personality isn't cured, but struggles daily to hold the Word of God against the fiery darts of the enemy.

For you to make such a grandiose statement as "all on(e) need to cure alcoholism is to become a Christian" is false.

That is like saying all one needs to cure lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes, and pride of life that manifest them self in sin is to "become a Christian."

Paul states he struggled daily with matters of the flesh.
    Peter and Paul both gave letters to the believers with what is to be "added to the faith" in order to gain control over the body.
    Jesus, often rebukes the believer as any good parent would any child.
    John states that we have an advocate

Does God always provide a way of escape? Yes

Did Christ always provide an immediate cure? No

Sometimes as one grows and matures in wisdom and knowledge of the Word, they set aside besetting sin by shear force of human effort, and/or sometimes the Holy Spirit will strengthen the person; however, the statement you made is false and not supported by Scriptural principle.

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You didn't look at the other half of the list did you. This comes from the same website.

Here are some of the others listed under Childhood Disorders:

Now, is mental retardation, and even stuttering in children caused by sinful actions and treatable by confession of sin? You are right, these are not the more obvious physical neurological disorders, but neither are they simple disorders treatable by confession of sin. Medications are quite in order in many of these ailments.

20. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

I know many who have become Christians even one who became and preacher and he said that one drink would send him right back to alcohol. Because it is an addiction. People get saved and become christians all the time and still are addicted to nicotine, and need those cigarettes, other throw them away.

I have Uncles that are extreme acoholics one was in the service. He received Christ as His savior but was still addicted and it took years for him to be totaly free of it. The Army finally sent him to a hospital in D.C. to get him clean of it. As for as I know he still addicted to the cigarettes. He is still saved so salvation is no a cure all answer to acoholism.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.