1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Midwest Is Becoming Solid Romney

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by saturneptune, Aug 27, 2012.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Something being easy does not make it accurate.

2. targus

targus New Member

I am sorry that it disappoints you that I do not believe in random revelations which conflict with Holy Scripture as you seem to.

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Speaking of not being accurate, just look at about 50% of Malachy's prophecies.

85 From a great river...........Pope Clement was a native of Rome.

86 Insatiable beast...........Pope Innocent had a lion on his coat of arms.

91 Soldier in War.......Before he was pope there was a lot of wars in nearby countries it's possible he could have fought in one of those

93 Country animal.........Might be a play on words because of his famous laws about missions in the two bulls.

98 Dog and adder......."Dog" and "snake" are common insults, and Leo was widely hated

106 Angelic shepherd........Said to have received visions, some of which have yet to be revealed. [what, no angels wings on coat of arms or sheep?]

107 Shepherd and sailor...From Venice, a maritime city. [people that ply the avenues of Venice in gondolas are not called sailors. Where's the sheep?]

etc. etc. etc.

What next, the prophecies of Nostrodamus? :laugh:

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Wouldn't count on wikipedia as an ironclad source...particularly with a warning attached at the top questioning its accuracy.

At any rate you have focused on the RC angle and completely ignored the rest.

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...and of course you can show where I conflicted the Holy Scriptures.

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Web,
    Any conclusion you come to is fine. Each person has to follow their gut feeling. Remember during the primary, though, you and I went back and forth on Romney and third parties until I changed my mind about June to vote for him.

7. targus

targus New Member

Mark 13:32

But you go right on believing in your fairytales.

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...and now you can show where I conflicted Mark 13:32. I never claimed to know the day or the hour in any of my posts.

If anything denying there will be a very real antichrist and a very real false prophet is denying Scripture. I adhere to both...hardly a "fairy tale", but I think you know that already and are more interested in name calling and trolling.

#28 webdog, Aug 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2012
  9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I think I need to look at the here and now and worry about the hypotheticals...so I will still be voting for him (as much as I would rather have another viable option).

10. targus

targus New Member

As long as you believe in prohets and their private revelations you might want to look into the SDA and Ellen White.

11. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...which has nothing to do with anything you accused me of....shocking. I also never claimed to believe in prophets. This is the RC's prophecy for THEIR religion like the 12th imam is islam's prophecy for THEIR religion. If you cannot see the difference you need to spend less time on the attacks and more educating yourself.

12. targus

targus New Member

If you don't believe in prophets why do you believe in this supposed prophecy?

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You're not following. Again, their prophecy holds to one final pope after Benedict just like there is one final imam in islam that Iran's leader believes he will usher in when he annhilates Israel. I don't believe in any supernatural authority given to popes or imam's...but THEIR account of THEIR leaders matches OUR prophecy (inspired) about both an antichrist and a false prophet the world will see. Same 2 people viewed by 3 completely different groups with the same result, allegedly bringing both world peace and destruction.

The freemasonry connection imbedded in secret society roots with the formation of this nation is my main concern with a potential Knight of Templar offspring (mormon) potentially taking office combined with the 2 pagan world religions.

14. Borneol

Borneol New Member

I was reading earlier that Mitt Romney could win in Michigan, which the last time that happened was 1988.

Saw today that VP Joe Biden was giving his best sales pitch that Michigan was doing better though. I'm thinking most in the Wolverine state are not buying it though.

"...Detroit ‘Getting Back Up’"

http://dougpowers.com/2012/08/29/plugs-detroit-getting-back-up/

From Doug Power's sight: