1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Modern Day Nation of Israel.

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Ben W, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Seeing as the subject of modern day Israel comes up fairly often, I would like to do an 8 question straw poll on your thoughts, if you would like to join in please do!

1, Do you believe that God is currently regathering the nation of Israel from the various other nations of the world?

2, Will Jesus Christ return to the current geographical location that is modern day Jerusalem?

3, Do you believe that events that happen in Modern Day Israel are evidence of the fulfillment of Bible Prophecy?

4, Does the Temple have to be rebuilt before the return of Jesus Christ can take place?

5, Will the current nation of Israel ever be expanded to its historical borders, encompassing Lebanon, Jordan and other areas?

6, If you traveled to Jerusalem as a tourist, would you place a prayer on paper into the wailing wall?

7, Would traveling to Israel on vacation be something that you would consider to be a spiritual experience?

8, Are Palestinian Christians being treated fairly or unfairly in the occupied territories by the Israeli authorities?

2. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No.

Yes.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

Both.

3. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

No.

Yes.

No.

No.

I don't know. If it happens, it won't be because God has willed it or desired it.

No.

No.

Unfairly.

4. JDale

JDale Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Though I am sure there are instances of mistreatment by Israeli authorities of Palestinians -- both Christians and Muslims -- they pale in comparison to the terrorist campaign carried out by radical Islamic terrorists against Jews and Christians in Israel and world-wide. And in Israel, there is at least the hope for redress of grievances -- there is no such hope in the Muslim nations.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. JohnBaptistHenry

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

According to Bible prophecy, absolutely! Since 1948.

Stage set:

During WW I on December 9, 1917 the British General Allenby captured Jerusalem by dropping leaflets from biplanes never seen by the Ottoman Turks. The surrender leaflets had the General's name on them which the Ottoman's thought read Allah. They surrendered without resistance. This enabled the fulfillment of the British Balfour Declaration supporting a Jewish Homeland made on November 2, 1917.

Isaiah 31:5: "As birds flying, so will the LORD of hosts defend Jerusalem; defending also he will deliver it; and passing over he will preserve it."

It has been said that WW I prepared the Land for the People; and WW II prepared the People for the Land.

From Cyrus' 536 BC decree for the Jews to return to the 1948 re-establishment of Israel:

390 (Ezekiel 4:5)
    +40 (Ezekiel 4:6)
    430 (Days with each day symbolizing a year.)
    -70 (Jeremiah 29:10)
    360 (Years of captivity left, but no repentance [Lev. 26:18].)
    x 7 (Leviticus 26:18, 21, 24. 28)
    2520 Years

The Biblical Month Is 30 Days So The Year Is 360 Days (12 Months x 30 Days = 360 Days; Genesis 7:11, 8:3-4. From these verses we see that from the 2nd month to the 7th month is a total of 5 months, and that they totaled 150 days [5 months x 30 days each = 150 days]. Therefore each month consist of 30 days.)

2520 Years
    x360 Days of a Biblical year.
    907,200 Days in 360 Biblical years.
    / 365.25 Days: as in the solar year.
    2,483 Solar years.

Recap:

390 + 40 = 430 - 70 = 360 x 7 = 2520 x 360 = 907,200 / 365.25 = 2,483

Check up

1948 AD was the year Israel was re-established.
    +536 BC was the year of Cyrus' decreed for Jews to return.
    2484 Years
    - 1 No year zero between BC & AD.
    2483 Years

Read more at:

The Prophesied Return Of Israel

Absolutely!

Absolutely! See above & Psalm 83

Absolutely! Daniel 9:27; 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4; Matthew 24:15; Revelation 6:1-2

Bigger than ever. See last few chapters of Ezekiel.

No.

Have been twice. Don't plan to go again till the Millennium!

What occupied territories?! I would say they are treated fairly.

6. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Much is made of the current nation of Israel. But the Bible says that the first covenant with Israel was completely replaced by the second covenant sealed by Christ's sacrifice on the cross and His resurrection. I believe in what's called replacement theology. Christ's Church has now replaced Israel as the centerpiece of His promises for eternal life. Jews that will be saved will be saved in exactly the same way as anyone else, by grace through faith in the lord Jesus Christ.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Yes

yes

Some of them

A poorly worded question but to answer it it will be.

No one knows

no

Yes

another poorly worded question. The so called "Palestinian" (if which there is no such thing) are not treating Israel fairly.

• Like Like x 1
  8. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, but that gathering peaked decades ago.

Yes.

Some could be, but I don't believe they are as prevalent as many believe.

No, but it's likely that it will be. There is nothing that must be done by man before Jesus can return.

It's possible.

No.

Yes.

Probably fairly, but I don't know one way or the other.

(Is this poll some sort of eschatology test?)

9. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not really, I personally view that regathering to occur...after the Tribulation.

Yes, that is precisely what Prophecy states:

Zechariah 14
    King James Version (KJV)

1 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

3 Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

Acts 1:10-11
    King James Version (KJV)

10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;

11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Not yet, lol.

I do think it significant that Israel is once again considered a Nation/State. That was not the case before UN Resolution 181 (if I remember correctly). So it places Prophecy in a place where it can be fulfilled, but does not give a timeframe.

Without question, for there must be a Temple in order for the Prophecy of both Paul and John to be fulfilled.

Most likely, God does not renege on His Promises.

No.

We know where the Temple of God is today, and where our prayer requests should go.

Great question. My response would be that I don't think I would know until I went there.

Aren't all Christians in the Middle East being treated unfairly in large part? The larger the Muslim Population, the greater the violence towards Christians. In that region it might be more like racism in our own country, rather than flat out persecution, but to be honest I don't know enough about it to comment beyond that.

God bless.

10. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You prefer 'left behind Jews' better? DNA research indicates that's exactly what they are.

11. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No.

Possibly, but it won't matter because every eye will see Him.

No.

No.

I doubt it.

Under no circumstances. I'm a Christian, not a Jew.

I've never been, but if I did, it would be a holiday like any other (Psalm 24:1).

Probably not.