1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Most Accepted of Sins

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by rockytopva, Jan 1, 2020.

1. rockytopva

rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good. - Ezekiel 16:49-50

1. Pride
    2. Gluttony
    3. Laziness
    4. Greed

2. Particular

Particular Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pride is, as CS Lewis stated, the Great Sin. It is the sin that began it all.

The most acceptable sin in society, however, is gossip. Humans, worldwide, inside and outside the church, gossip about others. Humans rarely blink an eye at the gossip they participate in. Therefore, I think it is the most acceptable sin for many humans.

• Like Like x 2
  3. alexander284

alexander284 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe greed may just be the single most acceptable sin in our society or culture.

When is enough, enough? How about ... never!