1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The most important

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by freeatlast, Jul 20, 2012.

1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

No we are not justified because Jesus kept the law. Only the saved are justified. I am not sure where you get that. The second part I am not sure of your inteded reference.

2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

It hath pleased them verily; and their debtors they are. For if the Gentiles have been made partakers of their spiritual things, their duty is also to minister unto them in carnal things.

So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this [is] the whole [duty] of man.

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    if jesus did NOT keep the Law of the father perfectly, his death would have saved NONE!

And faith is the access to that saving grace in atonement of jesus for our behalf!

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus tells us that we are no longer his servants/slaves but his friends!

We indeed are to work for him , but out of Love and presense/power of the Holy spirit!

As paul said, can do all things, but without love for Him and others, it profits us NOTHING!

5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Just believe what is written.

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    i do, for what I said is all in the Bible!

7. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Do you have some scriptures?

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    per paul, walk in the Spirit, and you will not fulfill lusts of your flesh!

I now call you friends! per Jesus!

I can do all things thru Christ! per paul

Waht sums up the LAW Love the lord , and love others as you love your own self, as perfect love casts out all fear, and if we do not love in love of Christ, why does it profit us?

9. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

But that is not Christ doing it for us as you claimed. We have to chose.

10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Maybe I have it backwards, however, most Christians seek the Kingdom of God, and very few get involved in visitation, outreach, or mission trips. If one is seeking the kingdom of God, part of that is telling others about Jesus.

11. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Yes I agree that would be part of it.

12. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is a time, a place and a circumstance where God wants us to put our brother first:

Matthew 5
    23 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;
    24 Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.​

1 John 4:20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?​

James 3
    7 For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:
    8 But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.​
    9 Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.

To be reconciled to our brother is the scriptural test as to whether we love God indeed and by so doing we are actually putting God first.​

It's a Christian paradox: When we put our brother first we are actually putting God first by obeying His commandment "love one another".

Therefore God commands reconciliation with our brother before we come to Him or our service is useless, nothing.​

1 Corinthians 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.
    2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
    3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.
    4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up;
    5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil;
    6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;​

HankD​

13. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

deny yourself, then you can seek the kingdom and His rightness