1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Myth of Russian Aggression

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Aug 9, 2014.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah, now I get it. We're all as dumb as a bag of hammers. It's your superior intellect and encyclopedic memory that allows you to make lightning fast connection of the dots to uncover shadowy behind the scenes machinations.

#61 InTheLight, Aug 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2014
  2. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Bumping this to make sure poncho doesn't forget....

3. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You mean avoid?

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

So where were you when the Rev, TND and CMG were doing everything but answering my request?

You remember, I asked them to back up their claims that "Russian separatists" or even the Russians themselves shot down MH17?

How come you weren't "reminding" them?

I asked them several times in several threads to show us their evidence.

And you never once "reminded" them.

But you feel the need to "remind" me?

If I were to ask to join the neocon club you, TND, CMG, and the Rev belong to would I have to act like a hypocrite to or is that optional?

#64 poncho, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
  5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I'm not avoiding any thing. I answer your question with every thread I start.

6. preachinjesus

Site Supporter

And none of this answers any of the points I brought up.

7. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know why you keep mentioning me all over the place, even on threads where I am not posting.

I think that everyone admires you for standing alone for Russia. So what if a planeload of innocent people were murdered by a KGB Lt. Col.?

8. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Poncho, I hope you have taken the blinders off by now!

9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Might help if y'all would provide some evidence to back your claims. Look at what CMG just wrote above.

He has not one shred of evidence to back the claim he keeps making over and over but that doesn't stop him from making it.

If "taking the blinders off" means having to resort to blindly repeating what most likely are false allegations over and over again as if that alone makes them true then I'm afraid you're just going to have to count me out OR.

Now if you could prove the many allegations you and some others here keep repeating over and over then that would be different. The fact that thus far you all have been either unable or unwilling to do so should make even yourselves wonder about how accurate these allegations really are.

But that doesn't seem to be the case at all . . . why?

Maybe you're the one who needs to "take off the blinders", eh?

#69 poncho, Aug 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2014
  10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

It does prove my point that you have rules for you (not having to answer questions or provide evidence to back up you and your neocon friends allegations) and rules for others (having to prove every word we say).

Tell ya what when you can stop being so blatantly hypocritical come on back and maybe we'll be able to have a real conversation about real issues.

Until then I fully expect you'll read the "news" from your "credible sources" and react by making more allegations you cannot prove and do not question, over and over and over as if that alone is enough to make them true while accusing others that do have questions of doing the same thing.

Which brings us back to that ugly word . . . hypocrisy.

The Bible (evidence from a credible source) shows that Jesus didn't like hypocrites at all. I don't know what yer preaching here but it ain't Jesus.

#70 poncho, Aug 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2014
  11. preachinjesus

Site Supporter

Poncho, you can stop attempting to just talk louder and get out of this discussion. However, nobody's buying it.

Here's the issue: you've stated, in the OP, and in several other places, that your sources are just as credible as the legitimate news agencies I, and others, have posted and discussed.

You have said your link in the OP relies on information from these sources. Then you used this to say that your conspiracy theorist blogs use these credible news sources to accurately understand and project the vast conspiracies of this world.

Yet, in my above post, which you still have not responded to, I pointed out that the article in the OP is one of pure conjecture that uses multiple links, only one of which is from an actual news reporting article. The others are specious, questionable, and (as for one) a commentary piece that is not to be used for reporting.

You have not shown us how your OP justifies the title of this thread or satisfies your burden of proof for the extraordinary claims you have made in the OP. Especially in light of the miles long convoy of Russian military gear heading directly for the Ukraine, this OP seems entirely erroneous.

Well buddy, you know, if all you can come up with is a personal attack in an attempt to point away from your failing argument, I guess thems the breaks.

But I think folks around here are smarter than you think and they see that you're just trying to mash the rhetorical accelerator in order to get to the off ramp of this discussion. What is sad, what is really sad, is that in doing so you've actually managed to apply the tag to yourself instead of me.

If this is the level of discussion we can expect from you, perhaps another forum would be better suited for a man of your rhetorical prowess.

12. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

All that writing just to say "no Poncho we can't show you the evidence to back up our claims"?

You guys are something. It's bad enough you got caught making allegations you can't back up with evidence on

1. "Russia invaded Ukraine"
    2. "The Russian separatists shot down MH17"
    3. "Ukraine destroyed a Russian convoy"

Three separate occasions.

But then you have to go and try to make me the chump for pointing it out.

You want to have a higher level of discussion but you want to have it your way meaning I sit here and be quite while you guys keep making all the unfounded allegations you want towards who ever Washington is pointing it's bloody finger at while you go around calling anyone that says hey wait a minute where's your proof "a nut", a "traitor" a "putin lover" among other things and try to paint them the "bad guy".

Or to put it bluntly use the "Goering argument" when ever possible. This is the main tactic you guys use against your opponent. What, do you find it insulting that I'm telling you who you are imitating?

That's on you. You shouldn't have adopted this tactic in the first place. Seeing as how you have it shows that you don't really want to have a "higher level of discussion" at all.

What you are saying is you don't like to be questioned and you sure don't like to have someone keep pointing out how hypocritical it is for you guys to demand others have to back up their claims with evidence (to your satisfaction) while you don't have to show any evidence at all because you have some form of a "fabled credibility" that automatically exempts you from that rule.

Now that is sad.

Anyways, now after all this hemming and hawing and dancing around trying not to reveal the obvious fact that you can't back up your claims and then proceeding to try to make me the chump for it.

Why should anyone believe you have this fabled "credibility" now? Where's the "credibility" of your fabled "credible sources" now?

Where was this "credibility" when you made you're unfounded allegations?

Where was this "credibility" when you got caught making you're unfounded allegations?

Where is this "credibility" now that everyone knows you aren't above making claims you can't back up and then instead of just admitting it you go out of your way to craft demeaning diatribes or as someone here once said "distarct, divert, deflect?

And now after all that "distracting and diverting and deflecting" you're telling me in effect, "we don't like how you play Poncho so we're taking our fabled "credibility" and going home!" :tongue3: :laugh:

A higher level of discussion? Right. :laugh:

#72 poncho, Aug 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2014
  13. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If they Russians did not do it, they it must have been done by a UFO from outer space.

The idea that 0bam@ is going to do anything whatsoever about this is crazy. That would be Marxist vs. Marxist and that ain't gonna happen.

14. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

No, actually it would be the fascists in Washington aiding and abetting the fascists Washington installed in Ukraine's govt vs the Ukrainian people but that's all beside the point. The point is you and a few other's here keep making unfounded allegations and you expect the rest of us to believe them without question, or else . . . "Poncho is nutty bad guy"! :rolleyes:

Maybe you should contact the Enterprise and have Scotty beam you down some credibility or at least some evidence to back your claims so that you might be able to salvage what little is left of your credibility.

#74 poncho, Aug 19, 2014
  15. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you are saying that it was not a UFO from outer space but 0bam@ operatives trying to provoke the American public into a war against Russia. So how did these guys get the Russian weapons used to shoot down the plane? Are you saying that they were white Democrats in the military who did this?

16. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

No I'm saying sitting here watching you resort to such ludicrous baloney is funny.

This is the same claim you can't seem to find the evidence to back up.

What. did you think I'd forget you've made this claim several times and have yet to provide any evidence to back it up?

Did you go senile after joining Obama's propaganda team?

#76 poncho, Aug 19, 2014
  17. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't say anything--I just asked you a question. You said that 0bam@ operatives shot down the plane but you haven't proved that. I agreed to allow you to rule out that it was a UFO from another galaxy against my better judgment....