1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Need to Hang With Holiness Folk

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by rockytopva, Jul 8, 2019.

1. rockytopva

rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There are no more true Holiness folk in my area. I believe I am going to drive down to Flovilla, GA and catch the camp meeting down there later this week.

http://indianspringscampmeeting.org/
    [​IMG]

2. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    RW Schambach would recommend holiness... And then go on to say in one sermon, "There are a lot of devils in those Holiness churches." So it is important to stress the variety of Holiness taught here, which I believe this gathering is a good type of Holiness. In which this one is more of the 1800's variety of late Methodist Holiness, less the dress code of the times.... http://indianspringscampmeeting.org/

We Believe…

Scripture: The Bible is the divinely inspired word of God, providing authoritative guidance for every challenge and experience of life.
    Salvation: All are under the penalty of sin, but God’s redemptive plan provides salvation for everyone who believes in Jesus Christ.
    Sanctification: Sanctification is a second definite work of grace following salvation, which cleanses our hearts from the power of sin, and continues as a process of growing more Christ-like in everyday living.
    The Holy Spirit: The Holy Spirit provides the sanctified believer the power to grow more like Christ in his daily walk.

And also has a reasonable dress code....

What Should I Wear? Our activities and worship services are held in open air ‘tabernacles’. So casual, modest attire is appropriate for all services and activities, particularly in and around the Main Tabernacle. Bathing suits should be worn only in the recreational areas.

Suggested for Women: Skirts, summer dresses, slacks; please avoid halter tops, shorts or backless dresses.
    Suggested for Men: Slacks, jeans and khakis (suits and ties are not necessary).

3. Rockson

Rockson Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Holiness? Most certainly a trait which should be a top priority with all saints. Important to be careful though to know the difference between true holiness as compared to a proud condescending spirit that brings judgement on others without any regard to love, mercy or compassion.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes! Very true! Just a little of the proud condescending spirit, in the words of the Apostle Paul leavens the whole lump and is not good! How George Clark Rankin picked up his salvation in North Georgia in the mid-1800's, which is how I picked it up as well.... The Life of George Clark Rankin

I am looking for this type experience in which this camp meeting seems my best bet.

5. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Went to the camp meeting.... Reliefs....

1. All the duct work does a good job keeping the place cool
    2. Dressing standards - See one gentleman there in shorts!
    3. Everyone there was friendly
    4. Well organized
    5. Good food
    6. Typical old fashion service - Singing, preaching, altar call, and good fellowship afterwards.
    7. Well attended - This photo was well before service

I may have some video footage later.

[​IMG]

6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is important to find a community of believers not only who can support you but also through which you can serve. I wish you the best in your hunt. Maybe you can be the true Holiness folk that influences others in your area.

• Like Like x 1
  7. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I once attended a "holiness" service. It started as any "regular" church service, but soon the preacher was screaming & talking so fast as to be mostly unintelligible & the congregation began to shout & wave their arms, which soon degenerated into many lying on the floor cutting "dust angels, all the while screeching & making noises. I thought I'd stumbled into a looney bin.

How any of that was HONORING GOD, I didn't know, & still don't ! To say the least, I never attended another service there, nor in any "holiness" church!