1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The New Covenant for New Creatures Isaiah 59:20-21 - The Gospel according to Isaiah

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by asterisktom, Apr 24, 2012.

1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To the house of Judah Christ said:

.... Let there be no fruit from thee henceforward for ever....Mt 21:19

Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. Mt 23:38

Which agrees with:

21 And a strong angel took up a stone as it were a great millstone and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with a mighty fall shall Babylon, the great city, be cast down, and shall be found no more at all.
    22 And the voice of harpers and minstrels and flute-players and trumpeters shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft, shall be found any more at all in thee; and the voice of a mill shall be heard no more at all in thee;
    23 and the light of a lamp shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the princes of the earth; for with thy sorcery were all the nations deceived.
    24 And in her was found the blood of prophets and of saints, and of all that have been slain upon the earth. Rev 18

Their's is a heaven and earth of iron and brass. We are new creatures of the new heaven and earth of the new covenant.

#21 kyredneck, Apr 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2012
  2. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

3. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

To the house of Judah Christ said:

.... Let there be no fruit from thee henceforward for ever....Mt 21:19

Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. Mt 23:38

With the above I agree in this context for this reason:

Amos 3:1,2 Hear this word that the LORD hath spoken against you, O children of Israel, against the whole family which I brought up from the land of Egypt, saying, You only have I known of all the families of the earth: therefore I will punish you for all your iniquities.

Only part of the whole family were in the land when Jesus was born of Mary. Nationally, Judeans of the house of Judea a part of Israel, children of Israel.

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Who of the whole family which were brought up out of Israel are blinded in part?
    According to the book of Hosea were not the house of Israel also known as Ephraim scattered among the nations, (Gentiles) assimilated among them and even known as Gentiles yet by God considered foreigners among the Gentiles?

Like you I also see a tie in to the passage from Rev. but am not sure even of my understanding of Babylon. Need to do more study. I have always thought of her as the anti of the Church of which Christ built.

4. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One quick drive-by comment. One of the interesting ways to see just who Babylon is - who they become by the time of the NT - is noticing how Babylon texts are used in the NT.

For instance, we have Paul's use, in 2 Cor, of "Come out from her" [Babylon, as the OT passage shows]. Yet he was writing to the church, redeemed Jews and gentiles of Corinth. They were to come out of the religious system of their time, the soon to be utterly abominated last-generation Jewish religion (Babylon).

This is only one of many NT-OT comparisons that can be drawn upon.

5. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Joshua disagrees with you. He says that they did receive what was promised. In full.

6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

7. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

8. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :thumbs:
    ...............the land promises of physical land were conditional

there has always been grace since Gen 3:15...there has not been an age without grace. There is only believers and unbelievers

Rev mac...you went to hebrews 11...but there is more there!
    and this:

#28 Iconoclast, Apr 26, 2012
  9. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks, Iconoclast. I knew the verses were there, but I was too lazy to look them up.

10. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In my past premill stage I never saw those verses:laugh:

Isa 59-66 along with hebrews 12 18-24,,,,,and gal 4....are strong texts and very exciting to study out...all the Ot prophets blend in nicely;;;

11. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, they are. In Isaiah I finally am getting back to my article I wrote last year, chapter 61. Lots of connections, both with the NT and also elsewhere in the OT.

The greatest single leap in my understanding of OT prophecy came, I think, when I finally got out of my head that loopy Clarence Larkin drawing of the OT prophets looking into the future but not seeing the church because they were in a valley, out of sight. Do you know the one I mean? As if God had never given us Amos 3:7:

"Surely the Lord Jehovah will do nothing, except he reveal his secret unto his servants the prophets."

EDIT: Here is the link to that Clarence Larkin chart, showing the prophets supposedly clueless about the church:
    http://www.preservedwords.com/images/lprophecy.gif

#31 asterisktom, Apr 26, 2012
  12. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes...I know...I have the chart, the tribulation map,the chart by bates...at the time I was scrambling to learn it....using my scofield bible, dwight penecosts things to come,walvoords books....

the way they wrongly divide the bible did not allow me to see what the apostles declared to be fulfilled.