1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The New Humble Pope

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Thousand Hills, May 10, 2013.

1. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

Words that don't belong.....

The words "poor", "humble", "meek", "humility" and other such words have no place in any discussion about the Roman Catholic Church. Just because they do charitible "works" does not necessarily qualify them OR ANYBODY as "good"..... Matthew 7:21-23 (KJV)

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
    22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
    23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Bro.Greg:saint:

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I agree that if we look to worldly institutions instead of the largest most wealthy Christian church on the planet to solve world hunger - that the world ties up its own money in ways that do not always honor God.

I think that goes without saying.

in Christ,

Bob

3. targus

targus New Member

Typical SDA misleading debate tactic...

If one reads the article the majority of that amount is to run hospitals and schools.

Should the Catholic Church shut down their hospitals and schools?

Why doesn't Bob Ryan advocate for the SDA to sell off their hospitals and schools to give the money to the poor?

4. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    When the trillions of dollars of assets are mentioned regarding the RCC today - no economist I know of - goes back and tries to count former Catholic properties that are now owned today by Protestants - as still being in the scope of "Catholic assets". Are you saying that you know of such a thing?

I have never heard of it.

And as for how the Basilica in Rome was built. Wasn't that based on bilking the poor by telling them to give money for indulgences to get their loved ones out of the torments of purgatory and that no matter how much they were starving it could not be worse than what was suffered by their loved ones in imaginary Purgatory?

Isn't that how we got the protesting Catholics to rise up and complain that such things were being done?

Given that the means to build and buy and pay for those works of art and palaces was in fact obtained by dealing this way with the poor - it is only fitting that they be sold and given back to the poor don't you think?

in Christ,

Bob

#24 BobRyan, May 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2013
  5. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

Pure Willful Stupidity

You'd have to be willfully blind, stupid and foolish to view the assets and properties (starting with Vatican city) of the catholic church and have ANY illusion of their being "poor" of having the slightest idea about what it means to experience any "state" of poverty. The ONLY poverty they know anything about has to do with their state of spiritual blindness....and that is a poverty they are too blind to see...much less admit to. Very sad indeed.:tear:

Bro.Greg