1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The New Spirituality

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Apr 17, 2014.

1. thisnumbersdisconnected

In these arenas, you dare judge me? By what right and on what grounds?

2. thisnumbersdisconnected

Please note, I said "Is everything you experience supportable by Scripture?"

Not ...

"Is Scripture applicable to everything you experience?"

There's a huge difference in those two questions, and no offense, but I believe you answered the second one.

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amazon has the book categorized as:

Eschatology
    Religion and Spirituality
    Christian Living.

All of these are incorrect classifications. The book belongs in:

Fantasy

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It does right along with "The Shack".

5. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe we should receive the testimony of the boy's experience, on the sole basis that he is a child. We should believe that he would not ever willfully declare falsehood concerning matter of such eternal significance.

An even more well-founded experience was that of three young children, who encountered Our Lady of Fatima. The Virgin Mary gave the children instructions on how to pray, and for what, and to teach others about the Rosary. The aim was that the world would become devoted to the Virgin. It has been well-supported that these were undoubtedly real experiences, for hallucinations do not happen in multiples. They simply would not have seen and heard the same things from Our Lady had it not been real. And this was multiple appearances, and even had a miraculous "dancing sun" at one point, with thousands there to witness it.

Well, if we take the word of one little boy who had an isolated experience, why not take the word of three young kids who had multiple experiences?

Just in case anyone is actually wondering, if it ain't in the bible I ain't likely to believe it. And I don't care if it's coming form an Evangelical or a Roman Catholic.

An experience which points to falsehood is still a real experience. The question then becomes the source of the falsehood

If experience is to be our teacher, the Catholics have a leg up on this little boy.

6. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes...Ann and James...you see that these other churches that put doctrine behind entertainment and storytelling. ....are ripe for this error.They see no problem when these persons have an unbiblical message in fact they embrace the error with both hands....despising the truth.