1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The next 50 years of "Separation of Church and State"

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by Alcott, Jun 10, 2005.

?
  1. Same sex marriages will be valid in every state by federal law

57.1%
  2. Polygamy will be legal in at least some states, as courts will rule there is no cause, other than re

7.1%
  3. Churches will be required to pay property taxes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Religious bodies will no longer qualify as <i>charitable organizations</i> for which contributions c

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Religious bodies may be considered tax deductible organizations only if they have a stated policy of

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Place names with religious references—such as Los Angeles, Corpus Christi, Trinidad—will be forced b

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. “In God we trust” will be banned from coins and currency

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Holding a prayer meeting in a public park will be illegal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. A minister may be convicted of a <i>hate crime</i> if he preaches against homosexuality

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Federal courts will rule that, since hotels are public accommodations that must treat all people equ

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Federal courts will rule that a football game which involves a state-supported college cannot have p

14.3%
  12. Public colleges will refuse the application of students in home or private schools unless the curric

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. A valedictorian of a graduating class will have to forfeit any publically-funded scholarship money i

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Retail stores which display a “Merry Christmas” message may be sued for religious discrimination

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. It will be illegal for states or counties to place a “Church” sign by the road, intended for caution

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Chapels will be banned from military installations and <i>Chaplain</i> will no longer be an official

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. Presidential proclamation of the National Day of Prayer will be banned by federal court

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. Children may be placed in foster homes if public school counselors determine they have become fright

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  19. I can think of more troublesome but realistic apprehensions as to the next 50 years of <i>separation

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  20. I think the current law and interpretations of <i>separation of church and state</i> will prevail fo

21.4%
  21. I don’t know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If anyone remembers 50 years ago and the state of religious liberty and how "separation of church and state" understood, you probably would have been surprised then at the changes in the legal interpretations. So what about the next 50 years? Which of the following do think will take place in regard to this issue?

2. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You didn't give the option I would vote for - that there will be more influence of Christianity in public policy by 2055.

4. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why didn't you post a poll asking that yourself? And how do derive that projection?

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am somewhere along the lines of the postmillennialist/optimistic amilllenialist area of eschatology and I am hopeful that maybe we are within a few decades of a dramatic growth in the size and influence of Christ's church in the United States and
    worldwide. [​IMG]