1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Next Billy Graham May Be a Robot

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by bb_baptist, Aug 31, 2002.

1. bb_baptist

bb_baptist New Member

Should Internet evangelism use automated programs to spread the gospel? - is the question Christianity Today raised in a current issue.

As Internet technology and popularity have increased, the applications for Internet evangelism have as well. Scores of websites provide information on Jesus, run complex presentations of the Gospel, or show video testimonies. Ministries also use chatrooms and IM to offer prayer and talk about Christianity. Could new automatic technologies and artificially intelligent IM buddies like SmartChild be used in evangelism?

It's possible. An anti-smoking bot named Virgil chats with kids about movies, music, and sports while giving lessons on why smoking is "stupid." But some say that is not the same as programming software to talk about Jesus.

What do you think?

2. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

Hummmmmm....Webmaster....

I think the internet is wonderful source and tool for the Lord. Look at all the people who visit your board; who do not respond, but read it. Who later come back and say this board was very imformational, or they were new in Christ, and this board was very useful in helping them understand things.

I think there are some real anti-christ kind of places out there that people have to be able to distinguish from. But its the same for TV, radio, books we buy, and even churches we go to, and Men who say they are Prophets, and even Preachers.

I do think there will always be those bad. They will do anything that is trying to serve God, to make a buck. It does not have to be the internet.

The internet reaches out so much farther than I personly could ever go. But it still does not go into primitive places, and to a lot of poor areas. And the rich do not always tune into God. We will still need to be 3-d Christians, Disciples, Missionaries, and Evangelist. We will still need to build churches. But I see where the internet already has become a very useful tool.

Sherrie [​IMG]