1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The NKJV and it's pagan symbol

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by tinytim, Dec 15, 2003.

1. Dina

Dina New Member

Please explain what is wrong with Christian tattoos.

2. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

Please explain what is wrong with Christian tattoos. </font>[/QUOTE]Don't you know the Levitical teaching about marking the skin - 19:28 - "You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you: I am the LORD." You know, the one right after - "Nor shall a garment of mixed linen and wool come upon you."

Uh-oh. I'm in trouble. (For the second one, not the first.) Apparently some people believe that it is still important to follow ancient Hebrew ceremonial laws.

3. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Millerites, the "daddy" of the SDAs & JWs, started shortly before Joseph Smith was shot, but none of these cults actually gained nationwide attention until after the Civil War. The Watch Tower was founded by C.T.Russell in 1879, near the end of the Reconstruction Era.

The reconstruction,C. 1865-1880, was IMO, was the most corrupt period in American history, when graft and bribery was common within all levels of govt. and officialdom. In this fertile ground, those cults grew until they were able to sustain themselves financially.

4. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Walls said:

I know they aren't allowed to where any clothing that has any kind of symbol or logo on them. . . . Would it not hold true to say that there shouldn't be logos or symbols on God's word? Just a thought!

Why would it "hold true"? Why should the Quakers and Amish dictate policy for everyone else? I don't live by their silly rules, I'm a Baptist.

When the publishers start putting Nike swooshes on the Bible, I'll start complaining. In the meantime, ancient Christian decorations are more than welcome.

5. Elk

Elk New Member

Please explain what is wrong with Christian tattoos. </font>[/QUOTE]Don't you know the Levitical teaching about marking the skin - 19:28 - "You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you: I am the LORD." You know, the one right after - "Nor shall a garment of mixed linen and wool come upon you."

Uh-oh. I'm in trouble. (For the second one, not the first.) Apparently some people believe that it is still important to follow ancient Hebrew ceremonial laws.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Hey, there, Scott...
    Did you know that in the Amplified Bible in Isaiah somewhere that there is a verse that commends tattoing? It speaks of "writing or marking on the hand, belonging to the Lord".
    I can look it up if you would like me to.

6. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Hey Scott: what about the detailed tatoo of the Great Seal that is on my shoulder? [You know: the pyramid on the left-hand side of the back of a one-dollar bill.] It's the Eye of Almighty God, am I okay?

7. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

Hey Scott: what about the detailed tatoo of the Great Seal that is on my shoulder? [You know: the pyramid on the left-hand side of the back of a one-dollar bill.] It's the Eye of Almighty God, am I okay? </font>[/QUOTE]Kinda like getting a picture of a naked person on your skin. Movies are not sin in and of themselves, but what appears in them. Same with tattoos, I think.