1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The NTAIBC and the FBF

Discussion in 'Baptist History' started by Squire Robertsson, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another interesting piece. Bauder said that Warren Dafoe, pastor of the host of the NTAIBC meeting, Eagledale Baptist Church, withdrew the church’s application for membership in the NTAIBC at that very meeting. Any idea what was going on with that?

3. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope. It's a good half generation before my time. But, considering how fast matters moved along among the Northerners, one can see why they looked askance at the way matters have played out in the SBC.

4. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What period of SBC history are you thinking about here?
    I thought this might be related to the NTAIBC and FBFI differences in approach, but don't have enough information to go on. I have only a few NTAIBC and FBFI directories. In 1985 Eagledale is listed in the NTAIBC directory, but not in 1995 or 2000. Warren Dafoe of Eagledale is listed in the 1995 FBFI directory, and Morris Hunsucker of Eagledale is listed in the 2000 FBFI directory. (Eagledale is now named Crosspointe BC.) It is my understanding that part of the difference between NTAIBC and FBFI is that the first is an association of churches, while the latter is a fellowship of pastors/preachers.

5. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The 60s and later. As for the rest of your comment, Dr. Bauder has another part in the series coming real soon now.
    The FBFI is open to any interested individual. While it's been mainly focused on the holding of regional fellowship meetings, its underlying strength for years was its regional directories.