1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The one dollar McWhopper

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The next time John complains that the rich are not paying their fair share - ask them to consider this. (yes, do substitute their name as needed)

Ok John, you and I work at the same store. You have been there two years and have had a small promotion. You make $10/hr. Since I have only recently started, my pay is $7/hr.
    Well we go across the street and both decide to buy a McWhopper, which costs one dollar. The clerk looks at me and says, you are new, aren't you? "Yes, I just started today". Well the clerk says, then you only have to pay 50 cents for the McWhopper. He then looks at you (John) and says, you have to pay me $1.50. "What" you reply, "its only one dollar" The clerk replies "Yes, but I have to redistribute the wealth so Salty can eat the same as you. You see, compared to Salty, you are very rich John, as you make 30% more money than he does" and John replies "But thats not fair, I have been there two years and even work longer hours". The clerk replies - tell that to Congress! -the next time you complain that a millionare only pays 3x the rate of taxes you do.

Disclamer - amouts listed above are only for example.

There is no truth that "John" is in Japan