1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The P In The TULIP Doctrine

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by tyndale1946, Feb 20, 2002.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "PRESERVATION OF THE SAINTS"
    By S.N. Redford

I desire in this article to notice the doctrine of the preservation of the saints. This is a most comforting doctrine to God's afflicted poor. We are preserved in Christ. It is taught in God's blessed word that "We are kept by the power of God." If we were left alone, if we were our own keepers, we might need be alarmed ; but if indeed we have been born of God, then our heavenly Father keeps us. His divine power is around us. We are weak, but God is great. It is said that none is able to pluck us out of His hand. The dear Saviour Himself said, "I give unto them eternal life, and they shall never perish." "I in you, and you in me, and I in the Father." Before the life of one of God's saints is destroyed, God Himself must be dethroned. "For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God."--Col. 3:3.

Jesus is the head of the body. "Because I live, ye shall live also." "I am the vine, ye are the branches." Jesus prayed that those that had been given Him out of the world might be with Him and behold His glory, and He said His Father always heard Him when He prayed. Says Someone, "Do you mean to say that it is impossible for one who has been regenerated, or born of God, to fall away and be lost?" Yes, that is what I mean. What else could I believe with the Scripture before me that I have just quoted? The doctrine of apostasy combats the doctrine of God on this point, while the doctrine of the preservation of the saints comforts and encourages God's people.

He is able to make a way of escape for you, dear child of God, when temptation overtakes you. He will not suffer you to be swallowed up with overmuch sorrow. He is able to comfort in your deepest trials. He has traveled all the roads you are traveling. Persecution may rage against you, but God knows how to deliver. His omniscient eye is ever on you, at home or abroad. His loving hand is outstretched in your behalf; hence he has said that you are more than conquerors through Him that loved you...
    Here are a few added scriptures: John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

I Peter 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever... Brethren it doesn't get any better than this... Brother Glen [​IMG]

[ March 26, 2002, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: rlvaughn ]

2. Chick Daniels

Chick Daniels Member

Amen! God certainly has great things in store for those that he has saved. [​IMG]

3. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A Few Things that Convince Me that Saints are Preserved by the Grace of God

1. The Power of God, which is the greatest power (John 10:28,29; I Peter 1:5; Jude 24)
    2. The Love of God, which is beyond measure (Rom. 8:28; John 3:16; Eph. 3:18.19)
    3. The Immutability of God - He will never change; not His love; not His power; etc. (e.g. Mal. 3:6; Heb. 13:8)
    4. The Sufficiency of the shed Blood of Christ (I John 1:7; Rev. 1:5; John 1:29)
    5. The Guarantee (Earnest) of the Holy Spirit (Eph. 1:13,14; 4:30; II Cor. 1:22)
    6. The Intercession of Jesus Christ (Heb. 7:25; Rom. 8:34))
    7. The Predestination of God (Eph. 1:11; Rom. 8:29-39)

There is a song that always make me think of Eternal Security -
    No Vacant Seats in Heaven by Mrs. J. B. Edwards. Here is the first verse and chorus:

Our hearts are filled with sorrow,
    When Jesus calls to claim His own;
    A seat is then left vacant,
    Yes, vacant in our earthly home.

No vacant seats in Heaven -
    No vacant seats around God's throne;
    Up there 'tis joy and gladness,
    Oh, gloryland, sweet heavenly home.