1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Parallel Bible

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by tyndale1946, Jan 14, 2003.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Everyone on here knows I am KJV prefered but I've seen these Bibles on the market... Is there a benefit on using this type of Bible?... What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a Parallel Bible?... Brother Glen [​IMG]

2. Bugman

Bugman New Member

I'm a poor college student so I use E-sword's paralle Bible feature instead of going out and buying one.

I like it because it lets me quickly comapre versions. I would never study from one, but I use it when I'm reading and find soemthing odd or such.

Bryan

3. JesusIsLord

JesusIsLord New Member

I like Parallel Bibles because it is easy to compare translation. It is also very helpful. But as a devotional or regular Bible... it will drive you crazy... :eek:

4. Pete

Pete New Member

I have a parallel Bible with KJV, NIV, Living, and NRSV. Most would say having 4 versions would be advantage or disadvantage depending on their version preference ;) As Bugman & JesusIsLord pointed out they are mainly for comparing between various translations.

I do most things on computer through QuickVerse with KJV, NKJV, NIV, NRSV, NAS, NAS (95 edition) along with Strong's & NAS Concordance.

* Pete feels like getting into trouble again so concludes with...Maybe someone should make a parallel Bible with 4 x KJVs... ;)

Sorry [​IMG]

Pete

5. The_Narrow_Road

The_Narrow_Road New Member

I have a parallel Bible that is KJV/Amplified. I see no problem in using one for reference. Whether your preferred Bible is the KJV, NKJV, NIV, NASB, etc. there is a parallel Bible for each one.

6. Clay Knick

Clay Knick New Member

I use a number of parallel bibles.
    They permit me to see a number of
    different translations at one time
    right next to one another. The ones
    I use most often are: The Precise Parallel New Testament and The Contemporary Parallel New Testament. I am
    looking forward to the publication of The Evangelical Parallel New Testament in
    March. It will be the first of its kind
    to use the ESV and HCSB.

Clay