1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Passion of Jesus From A Medical Point of View

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by DeafChristian, Apr 2, 2004.

1. MalkyEL

MalkyEL Guest

S&T wrote:

Change the El to Elahh, and you have the Aramaic version to "honor" the new trend that the movie has created.

MalkyElahh: thanx for the suggestion, as long as it doesn't get me voted off the island :rolleyes:

2. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Excellent post Diane. And for Spirit and Truths answer regarding "ME"---I have been in a Baptist Church since I was two weeks old, in the nursery. ;)

3. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

OK---we've been hashing this out for over a month-----"its a MOVIE" kind of stuff to which I have reached a conclusion----

I am not responsible for Mel and his movie---doubtless it is full of errors and reaks of Catholicism in which religon feeds on heresy and moves to blaspheme the Holy Spirit of God!

I am not going to have to stand before the Lord Jesus Christ at His "Bema Seat" and give a frame by frame accounting of Mel's movie---that will be Mel's responsibility!

I am though, responsible for what I preach! Am I going to use the movie as a tool?? No! No more than Military instructors will use the movie "Saving Private Ryan" as a teaching tool at West Point!!! Honesty---if military instructors went frame by frame using that film in their instructions----aaaaaahhhhhhh---it was just too "John Wayne-ish" to me!

So---am I going to put "The Passion" in my library archives???? Will I drag it out every Easter?? No! Just like there is no military stratigist who will use "Saving . . ." in their instruction manuels!

4. Charles Meadows

Charles Meadows New Member

"Change the El to Elahh, and you have the Aramaic version to "honor" the new trend that the movie has created."

Why S&T, your an Aramaist! Correct! Elahh is God, although El may still be more common. Also - Allah is Oak tree, Elvah is burnt offering. What options!

CEM

5. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Malky said: The movie is what satan does best - a gross and inaccurate imitation destined to bring people into his kingdom of eternal death.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    And if you're wrong and those who have returned to church or come to speak with a minister about their sin condition are really saved, are you giving satan the glory and honor for something God used?

God may have spoken to Mel Gibson's heart about making this movie. We cannot say God did not. God could use this movie to bring Mel's Catholic brothers and sisters to open their Bible (or buy one to read) and find Jesus as their personal savior. I chose to use whatever tools I can to witness to the lost. This is a great tool!

Diane

6. Spirit and Truth

Spirit and Truth New Member

Malky Elahh said:

MalkyElahh: thanx for the suggestion, as long as it doesn't get me voted off the island

S&T:

Hey....this is Reality Island.....can't you smell the coffee? If you really want to be popular with the Passion Aramaic /Latin crowd, every time you refer to Christ, you can use the Aramaic word " M'shikha" meaning Messiah, just like they did in the movie. Messiah comes from from Hebrew Mashiyakh (????) or Aramaic M'shikha (?????).

P.S.

Don't know if my fonts will come through.....

7. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Sister Diane---you keep saying its a great tool---but its like using a 16 lb. Sledge Hammer to drive nails in your finish work on the kitchen cabinets!!

Is I right or is I wrong??

Go ahead and use that Sledge Hammer on #2 Finish Nails----but whatever you do-----tap on the nail "lightly!!" "Lightly!" Diane, my good sister!

8. Spirit and Truth

Didn't ......anyone know how to get fonts to display?

9. Spirit and Truth

Diane:

I chose to use whatever tools I can to witness to the lost. This is a great tool!

S&T:

This movie GORIFIES "another" Jesus, and does not Glorify our Lord. I can just see The Almighty now..."Oh boy.....a movie built on the visions of mystics obtained through divination.....I can't wait for everyone to use this to promote another Gospel". In Hebrew He is known as El Emet, or God of Truth. Does He go against His defined character?

10. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

You guys REALLY miss the point! If a lost person sees the movie and then allows you to witness to them (I don't use the movie as an example but use their interest BECAUSE of the movie)....

Never mind. You're all blind!

Diane

11. sharpSword

sharpSword Guest

Apology accepted Charles.

12. sharpSword

sharpSword Guest

Diane "I'm still standing where I stood from the first and still strongly support this movie."

So Diane, [​IMG]

I guess you still supporting the movie means you won't be using my rough draft that I provided for an email for you, to be sent to all the passion endorsing leadership about all the Scriptural and historical inaccuracies...which they said was Biblically and historically accurate? [​IMG]

When people witness about Jesus Christ....do they tell the Scriptural truth...or is using false doctrine really that big of a deal, when proclaiming the Truth of Jesus Christ?

1 John 2:21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

1 John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Oh rats!!!! :eek: There I go again...bashing people over the head with the Word of God.... argghhhhhhh :rolleyes:

13. Spirit and Truth

Diane:

You guys REALLY miss the point! If a lost person sees the movie and then allows you to witness to them (I don't use the movie as an example but use their interest BECAUSE of the movie)....

S&T:

If someone is promoting this movie, they are sending in the unlearned to view a different Jesus and a different Gospel. I find my self having to correct the error taught in the movie before I can preach the real Gospel. Thanks Mel......

Diane:

Never mind. You're all blind!

S&T:

Can you please prove that scripturally. I propose that any confessed believer, that sends the unsaved to see this movie, knowing that it is rife with error and based on divination, are, in fact, blind guides leading the blind, and eventually, both will fall into a pit. Watch your step everybody. [​IMG]

14. sharpSword

sharpSword Guest

I wear bifocals, but the eye doctor didn't tell me I was blind. :eek: [​IMG]

15. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Diane,
    Let me tell you what I have found. I work in the secular world, not in a pulpit. I find that non-christians are very very open to talking about this Jesus and why he had to suffer for them. Before the movie came out, it was taboo in the working culture of America to bring up your faith; now people are questioning why Jesus would have to suffer and why He would have to die. That's when you explain the real Jesus to them. It does not matter the background of the movie.

For goodness sakes, lets ban Christmas trees because they were used by the druids to sacrifice babies on their limbs. Background HISTORY of something is "long gone".

Even the Christians borrowed secular icons in their worship, making them Christian as they changed. For example, it is thought by many scholars that Baptism was used by many Jewish sects to show "belief" in the teachings of that sect and to show you agreed with them, therefore you were Baptised when you joined a sect to show the world that it is what you believed.

They can say what they want to, but when people are asking about "This Jesus that suffered so much." Do we respond by saying, "Oh, you just saw a bad film with mysticism in it, don't believe any of it?" or do you open your Bible and say: "Let me explain WHY he had to suffer like that, Why he had to die and Why he rose again." My goodness, its ALL in the movie.

Like I said, I cannot wait until they start playing it backwards to see if they can hear demonic words in it.

Whether we agree with all of the misinformation in the movie or not, people are seeing it in droves. It is penetrating the Muslim world. How are we going to answer the questions of these people? Are we going to tell them to "ignore it because it contains mysticism" or are we going to jump on the opportunity. Myself, I use it to start the conversation. It works folks, it works. Now if that is from the devil, I think somebody is sorely mistaken.

Go Diane :D [​IMG]

16. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

I would like to know just how many "corrections to the scripture" that "Spirit and Truth" has made to a lost person who saw the movie. Plus, how many of those questions that "Sprit and Truth" brought up as an issue first?

Specifically, what corrections have you had to make to a lost person. I want actual corrections you have made, not a list of what you think is wrong with the movie...

17. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Wow, bad connection.. double post sorry

18. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Same thing

19. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

bad connection--fourth post of the same thing. Sorry, Moderators may delete this.

20. sharpSword

sharpSword Guest

Hey Diane, if you don't want to use the draft for the letter... [​IMG] maybe I can write the letter using it and send it like a form letter to alllllllllllll the endorsing passion leadership and pastors....and tell them about alllllllllllllllllllllllll the Scriptural errors
    .........and send it like a petition and have people sign it....want to sign Diane?

I had a dream [​IMG] ... in that dream I saw alllllllllllllllll the leadership that said the movie was Scripturally correct and all....everyone of them .....all signing my letter...and sending out retractions....and even the head of SBC and .....oh maaan...even webmaster signed....and took down the advertisement..... what a dream... [​IMG] [​IMG]