1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Passion of Jesus From A Medical Point of View

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by DeafChristian, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Spirit and Truth

Spirit and Truth New Member

SHARPSWORD...........WAKE UP........look around you ....you are not in Fundy land, as a matter of fact, you are surrounded by Passion supporters on a board that supports the passion...... The truth is out there....but not really that well received here [​IMG]

2. sharpSword

sharpSword Guest

OUCH!!! Spirit and Truth :mad: Don't pinch...that wasn't nice....can't a girl dream?

Try to be more sensitive to my feelings, please :D

3. Spirit and Truth

Phillip:

I would like to know just how many "corrections to the scripture" that "Spirit and Truth" has made to a lost person who saw the movie.

S&T:

You must have mistaken me for someone else Phillip. I do not ever "correct" scripture, as that is forbidden by the Word of God. Maybe you were thinking of Mel...you know..."Behold mother, I make all things new" and a host of others.

Phillip:

Specifically, what corrections have you had to make to a lost person. I want actual corrections you have made, not a list of what you think is wrong with the movie...

S&T:

As a matter of fact, I just recently went over the movie with a group of believers that had seen it, and I went scene by scene and showed the error. They will not be recommending the movie to anyone now. Just the other day, a Jewish guy who I had been discussing Jesus with, told me that he was thinking of seeing the movie. I told him to come to my place for a study instead. I do not need Mel Gibson to do what I was commisioned for by the Word of God. If you or others are not confident in their ability to do so, I am sorry. All that is needed, is to read the instruction manual.

4. Spirit and Truth

SharpSword,

You need to come over to Reality Island. Where the water is blue, there are cool breezes, where the "real" Jesus is Lord, and the Word of God is not offensive to others. [ there are no paraphrases on this Island ] [​IMG]

5. sharpSword

sharpSword Guest

Reality Island Spirit and Truth? [​IMG]

Does that mean it is built on solid Rock...aka Jesus Christ...aka the Word of God....and all other ground is sinking sand...

Matthew 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
    25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
    26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
    27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

OHHHHHHHHH nooooooooooooo :eek: :eek: :eek:
    ....I did it again...it's like it's a part of me...it just comes out ...I can't stop quoting the Word of God...it's how I think...I meditate on it day and night.... aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh....I've hidden it in my heart so I might not sin.........I did it again...oh plllllllllllease. Hellppppppp.

Is there a SQA on BB ...anybody know??? I need help...I can't stop....
    [​IMG]

6. MalkyEL

MalkyEL Guest

Sharpsword wrote:
    OHHHHHHHHH nooooooooooooo
    ....I did it again...it's like it's a part of me...it just comes out ...I can't stop quoting the Word of God...it's how I think...I meditate on it day and night.... aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh....I've hidden it in my heart so I might not sin.........I did it again...oh plllllllllllease. Hellppppppp.

Is there a SQA on BB ...anybody know??? I need help...I can't stop....

MalkyElahh: you seem to be having a problem relating to people . . . maybe you need help.
    what exactly is SQA - maybe I could assist in some way :eek: :rolleyes:

7. sharpSword

sharpSword Guest

Please MalkyEl, you have to tell me... I need help.. there must be a SQA on BB...

I see others have overcome the habit... I try and I try and I just can't stop!

S&T maybe you know? nawwww...you need SQA too. :rolleyes:

I just can't stop ...it just is a part of me,...I meditate on it day and night...it's what I think about when I read things or see things...
    I think I even have it hid in my heart ..... arrrgghhhhhh :mad:

I did it again ... can't stop.... :eek: :(

There must be a Scripture Quoters Anonymous on BB.....the first step is admitting it [​IMG]

MY name is SharpSword

I quote Scriptures [​IMG]

8. Spirit and Truth

Two things that I have learned over the years. The devil hates a praying Christian, and someone who preaches the Word of God. There will be a time when people will pay with their life for doing this. What do you think the two witnesses will be doing when they are killed, and people are dancing in the street and giving each other gifts to celebrate their demise? They will, according to scripture, be witnessing God's Truth, and no one will want to hear it. Hmmmmmmmmm. People like SharpSword and some others, would end up on a KSQ list [known scripture quoters], kinda like an anti christ version of the ten most wanted.

9. MalkyEL

MalkyEL Guest

Sharpsword wrote:
    There must be a Scripture Quoters Anonymous on BB.....the first step is admitting it

MY name is SharpSword

I quote Scriptures

Malkyelahh:
    This is worse than I thought :eek: . Just to make sure, I have listed here a series of questions to define the problem. Please be honest with yourself in answering the questions. This is the only way to properly define and access the situation adequately :eek: .

1. Have you ever decided to stop quoting scripture for a week or so, but lasted only a couple of days?
    2. Do you wish people would stop nagging you about your use of God's Word?

3. Have you ever switched from one kind of translation to another hoping that would keep you more balanced?

4. Have you posted Scriptures in the mornings during the past week?

5. Do you get frustrated with people who can post opinions without quoting Scripture?

6. Have you had problems connected using Scriptures on forums during the past week?

7. Has your Scriptural approach caused you trouble on threads?

8. Do you ever try to put up extra texts on a thread because you couldn't stop yourself?

9. Do you tell yourself you can stop quoting the Word any time you want, even though you keep doing it anyway?

10. Have you missed doing other computer work because of the posting?

11. Do you have times when you can only think in terms of the Word?

12. Have you ever felt that other's lives would be better if they would just listen?

13. When you list one or two verses, can you stop and walk away?

14. Have you ever irritated others by adding Scripture to every post?

15. Do you find it unavoidable to make sure every time you post that it includes texts?

16. How many times in the last month have you awakened quoting the Word?

17. Do you spend time in the Word when you should be doing other things?

18. Has this affected your sleeping habits? (Do you mutter Scripture, get up in the night to read, or lose sleep because you are meditating on His Word day and night?)

If you have answered yes to four or more of these questions, you are either an obsessive Scripture quoter or on your way to becoming one.

10. Spirit and Truth

And even if you manage to quit, all you need is one heretic to start spouting their unscriptural rhetoric next to you, and boom......you will fall of the wagon. I am told you can only put it in remission. people, places, and things.......do not hang with people who know the Bible and quote it.......do not go to places of study, where people quote from scripture to prove their teachings, and DON"T .....I repeat DON"T carry a Bbile with you so that you will be tempted...

[​IMG]

Also, I have been told that you can ween yourself off slowly...kind of like using the "patch", by going to the NIV, and then the message or the good news versions......

11. sharpSword

sharpSword Guest

I am lost MalkyEl and S&T ....I answered Yes to all those questions....I cannot stop. :(

Alas, what can I do?....1 Corinthians 9:16 For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!

arrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhh ....I did it again. [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. MalkyEL

MalkyEL Guest

Sharpsword wrote:
    I am lost MalkyEl and S&T ....I answered Yes to all those questions....I cannot stop.

Alas, what can I do?....1 Corinthians 9:16 For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!

arrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhh ....I did it again.

MalkyElahh:
    Okay - this is going to get rough - but there is no other way. Take a deep breath. Ready? . . . :rolleyes:

#1) Say O-P-I-N-I-O-N very slowly. Good, now . . say it again 5 more times. Slowly at first - get used to saying it. Let it just start to sink in and be part of your thought process. Ok . . . when you feel comfortable . . . Proceed to the next step :D .

#2) Say F-E-E-L-I-N-G-S very slowly. Good girl!!! again . . . - you are doing SO well, hun - lets say it again 3 more times . . . Ahhhh - now doesn't that FEEL better? Ready for the next step? EXCELLENT!!!!!!! :D

#3) Say WARM and FUZZY FEELINGS. YESSSS - that's it - you go girl - you have almost completed the program. I can see you stuttering. Now, now, we will have NONE of that. . . PLEASE! if you can't do this, we will have to start all over. Stop for a moment. THINK!!! Good . . . your eyes are glazed over - wonderful - ok . . . say WARM AND FUZZY FEELINGS again. SUPER JOB!!!!! Once more . . . COOL - you made it! Are you ready to go out on your own now? NICE WORK, DEAR [​IMG] [​IMG]

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! YOU HAVE NOW JOINED THE RANKS OF THE HOPELESS AND HELPLESS INDUCTEES OF THE OFW&FF CHAPTER OF SQA [​IMG]

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. sharpSword

sharpSword Guest

Oh MalkyEl....oh thank you.

I have gotten to Step Two...
    I said F-E-E-L-I-N-G-S real slow...and I'm on to

#3) I am saying Warm and FUZZY FEELINGS....this is getting harder...thank you for sharing my pain MalkyEl...

I DID IT!!!! I DID IT.... [​IMG] [​IMG]

WAIT!!! :eek:

..............ohhhhh noooooooooooooooooo

I looked in my Bible to see if all those words I said were Biblical concepts and in verses. :eek:

It just didn't work. I can't stop using God's Word. I am hopeless. [​IMG]

Psalm 119:101 I have refrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep thy word.
    102 I have not departed from thy judgments: for thou hast taught me.
    103 How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!
    104 Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.
    105 NUN. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
    106 I have sworn, and I will perform it, that I will keep thy righteous judgments.

14. MalkyEL

MalkyEL Guest

Sharpsword,

You remember when S&T posted about watching who you hang around with, or you might fall off the wagon?

It happened . . . I don't know what to do. I caught it from you . . . :eek: :rolleyes:

Psalm 12:6 The words of the LORD [are] pure words: [as] silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

Psalm 119:103 How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!
    104 Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.

HELPPPPPPP . . . I've fallen . . . and I can't get up . . . :rolleyes:

15. sharpSword

sharpSword Guest

MalkyEl.... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I have been a bad influence. I am sorry you are compelled to quote the Word of God........... NOT [​IMG] [​IMG] :cool:

16. Spirit and Truth

Aaaaaahhhhhh...the smell of reality cofee.....take a deep whiff, and savor the flavor.......

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

can you feel the "love" in the room?

17. MalkyEL

MalkyEL Guest

Sharpsword,

High 5, partner . . . [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

S&T wrote:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    can you feel the "love" in the room?

MalkyElahh:
    that depends in which corner I am sitting . . . [​IMG] or sent to [​IMG]

18. sharpSword

sharpSword Guest

S & T "Aaaaaahhhhhh...the smell of reality cofee.....take a deep whiff, and savor the flavor......."

Does that mean we made it to Reality Island??? [​IMG]

What's the poplulation of the Island S & T? Inquiring minds want to know. [​IMG]

MalkyEl "High 5, partner"

Right back at ya! [​IMG] [​IMG]

"can you feel the "love" in the room? ...that depends in which corner I am sitting . . . or sent to"

...if I get sent to a corner I might be sitting down on the outside...but I'll be surely standing up on the inside, SQing. :D [​IMG]

19. Spirit and Truth

SharpSword:

What's the poplulation of the Island S & T? Inquiring minds want to know.

S&T:

Since the release of this movie....small......and dwindling at an alarming rate.......

20. sharpSword

sharpSword Guest

S&T:Since the release of this movie....small......and dwindling at an alarming rate....... "

How very sad... [​IMG] :(