1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The passion of the Christ

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Dec 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Jesus died in a humiliating way. That is part of the story is it not. The King voluntarily died a humiliating death of a criminal so that we could be saved.

2. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

BTW. That was unnessessary. If you want to debate and discuss you should try to do it like an adult.

3. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

It wasn't in his death that His behind was shown and no we do not need to see imagery that is supposedly Jesus' behind.

4. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

I guess that is an opinion. The artist was trying to show the humiliation of our King who lowered Himself for us.

Not to your taste, I guess to each his own. I thought it was a powerfull reminder of what Jesus was willing to do for us. The depth of His love.

Like I say to each his own.

5. Lilith

Lilith New Member

That doesn't mean you go around showing movies of Jim Caviezel getting flogged for two and half hours and paying to see it. Do you really think Jesus wanted you making a movie about his humiliating and tortuous experience? I think he'd much rather you worship his loving ways than him dying...It's like the whole Christian nation has become infatuated with their saviour being beaten to death...

6. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I think the whole Christian nation has become infatuated with how much their saviour went through for us and it was more than TWO HOURS that he hung on that cross...

7. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I mentioned that as one example of the many things shown in this movie that are not in the Bible.

8. Lilith

Lilith New Member

Fine...Worship God however your twisted minds feel like worshipping him. I'm just saying, It's a little depraved to watch Jim Caviezel be tortured for 2 and a half hours. I honestly don't think Jesus wanted you to ogle over his beaten body. But rather worship him in a loving way...

9. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

What was humiliating about being resurrected?

You're right, it is not to my taste to see another man naked, apparently others are into this sort of thing. As you say, to each his own.

10. Lagardo

Lagardo New Member

First you post still images of someone dancing in order to call it a "pelvic thrust" and now you imply something sexual about the Passion of the Christ? Dude, get help.

11. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

What did I say about sex? I said he was naked and that doesn't appeal to my tastes. If you like that stuff, as Dee said, to each his own.

12. Lilith

Lilith New Member

Just because every other person that ever existed did something in some particular way doesn't mean you have to. Why don't you tell how much he loved you in other ways. He did a lot more for you than die on a cross. There's the fish and bread, saved Moses, he healed tons of people in his day. He even sent Demons out of people. He even gave you the Bible which has turned into a life long infatuation for some people... Or just tell how he died, not show in grave, sickening detail.

There's more to love than death.

13. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

What do you mean, "infatuation"?

14. Lilith

Lilith New Member

Noun 1. infatuation - foolish and usually extravagant passion or love or admiration.

15. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I am proud to have a foolish and usually extravagant passion or love or admiration for the Word of God!

If more people fell in love with the Word of God, there would be a lot less problems in the world and we would have a lot less luke-warm Christians!

16. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

My pastor did not want me showing the passion to my teen Sunday school class beause of it's secular; and because of its affiliation with the Catholic church.

17. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Do you think it's foolish to love the word of God?

18. Lilith

Lilith New Member

Yes.......

19. Lilith

Lilith New Member

Actually, there'd be more uptight, hate-mongering, clinically insane, 'Christians' like Westboro if people followed the word of God literally. There'd be way too many protesters against abortions, gays, and basically anyone that doesn't follow God like an infatuated lunatic. It'd just be Hellish.

20. Lilith

Lilith New Member

And what exactly is wrong with the Catholic Church?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.