1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Pastor's Wife

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by SaggyWoman, Jan 1, 2008.

?
  1. She should be a professing Christian.

39 vote(s)
    95.1%
  2. She should be a member of the church her husband is at.

36 vote(s)
    87.8%
  3. She should be involved in the women's ministry.

9 vote(s)
    22.0%
  4. She should be involved in the music ministry.

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  5. She should be involved in the kitchen ministry

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  6. She should be involved in the children's ministry

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  7. She should take care of her husband.

32 vote(s)
    78.0%
  8. She should take care of her children.

33 vote(s)
    80.5%
  9. All of the above.

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  10. Other

10 vote(s)
    24.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I will pray a special prayer for you my friend, that God will continue with you. Often people forget about the one who has to take care of the sick and just think about the one who is sick. I know from experience that the one who is the caretaker has a really hard job. My wife went through a nervous breakdown taking care of me through all the heart surgery and artery surgery. She thought all would be well, when we got home, but it had just started and she was not prepared for it. Later I explained it to the hospital. They prepare the spouse for the surgery, but not for going home. They said it would be included in the future when they talked with the family. My heart is heavy for you this night and pray that God will reach out and lift you and your wife and family up. God Bless,

BBob, :praying: :praying:

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

and don't forget scub the toilet when we hollar HONEY!

My wife is a pew sitter which is all she wants to do. She was typing the bullitens but someone complained about not being listed when they were sick so she stopped. She does support me when I feel down which is a big deal these days... :laugh:

KJVkid = Praying for you and the family... :praying:

@Bro Bob = Think that's bad, one of my members told me this Sunday that her sister died. She then proceeded to tell me she hadn't seen this sister since 1959, they didn't get along and didn't at all seem like she felt a loss. After service she confronted me about not mentioning her for special prayer before alter call. Go figure!

3. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

I believe that a pastor's wife should be a born again believer and should be a member of the church her husband pastors...as for roles in that church, that is between she and the Holy Spirit who gifts her and equips her. The only other obligation she should have on that list is taking care of her family.

4. PeterM

PeterM Member

Sad to hear that there are still so many backward thinking church-members setting silly expectations.

In the church I pastor, my wife can pretty much do as she pleases in terms of her service in and through the fellowship, as can any member. She has her own career and we have no children so for us the boundaries are as clear as they are wide.

5. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

I have always seen as a calling to be a pastor's wife. I know some others that see it that way and some that dont, and the difference between the two is very evident.

I think sometimes it would be really nice to be a pew sitter, but (for me) I know I would be miserable.