1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Perfect Stimulus Package

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ps104_33, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

There’s a lot of talk in Washington about yet another so-called “stimulus” package. If the next one is anything like the last one it will simply be a mechanism for taking money away from people who aren’t spending it the way politicians would like, and transferring it to people who will. Our soon-to-be ruler feels like adding some grandiose public works projects (raking leaves in a National Forest) to the list.
    Let’s break away from these political stimulus ideas for a few minutes and study an absolutely brilliant idea from Texas Republican Congressman Louie Gohmert. Now Louie hasn’t been around the halls of congress all that much (just three years) so he is not yet all that acclimated to the Washington lust for absolute power. If he were, he never would have come up with this idea...........

Read on:
    http://townhall.com/columnists/NealBoortz/2008/12/09/the_perfect_stimulus_package

2. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Stimulus package!

The perfect stimulus package?

Give me $200 Grand (Tax-free, of course, and of which I have asked for not one dime), and I will bank and/or invest half, and quickly put $100 grand (plus half the accruing interest and dividends from my $100 G) into my own stimulation of the economy!

Sounds like a winner, to me! :thumbs:

Ed

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I heard someone on the radio do the math on the original amount that the "big 3" were seeking. If that money was given to each tax payer 18 and over, each person would receive 422,000! :eek:

They could have written into it that each american has to purchase a new car from the big 3, and pay off their homes or purchase investment propery. Talk about a national stimulus package!

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's coming eventually.

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

422 grand? When? I'll be standing by the mailbox!