1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Piano Guys and Mormons

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by shodan, Jan 14, 2015.

1. shodan

shodan Member
    Site Supporter

The Piano Guys (one of my favorites) put out a wonderful Christmas carol video, in December, with a link to a Mormon site.

I put up a website to focus on some key resources about Mormonism.

http://snowfar4.wix.com/mormonconfusion

Too many Christians know little or nothing about them. Some falsely assume that they are Christians. Every church ought to educate people about this. "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    A lot of people have figured out that the doctrinal view of Mormon's is not correct. That is not the question. The question is what is the effective discussion you have had with those Teens and early 20's Mormons who in most cases know very little about the Bible -- ??

Do you have success accounts?

Tips on what actually works?

in Christ,

Bob

3. Getting it Right

Site Supporter

One outstanding book is "One Nation Under Gods, A History of the Mormon Church," by Richard Abanes, 2002, exposing the church for what it is.

Getting folks to read it can be a challenge. It is 436 pages with 200 pages of appendices.

One comment in the book (p.436) indicates that the LDS will step forward to save the Constitution. (Seattle Times, November 24, 2000.)

That might perk some interest now that a Mormon is considering another run for President of the USA.

:flower:

4. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Will the SDA Dr Carson also run for the white house?

Will he do better than Obama has? I don't think so; Obama did surprisingly well. I understand he has spent more money than all presidencies before him together .... hehehehe