1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Jun 18, 2012.

1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

The word pleasure here is the hebrew word chephets and means:

delight, pleasure

a) delight

b) desire, longing

c) the good pleasure See Eph 1:5,9 for good pleasure

d) that in which one takes delight

The word is translated over 10 times desire

So the desire or good pleasure of God shall prosper in His Hand !

The word prosper is the word tsalach and means:

Qal) to rush

2) to advance, prosper, make progress, succeed, be profitable

a) (Qal) to prosper

b) (Hiphil)

1) to make prosperous, bring to successful issue, cause to prosper

2) to show or experience prosperity, prosper

The word also means effected as here 2 Chron 7:11

11 Thus Solomon finished the house of the Lord, and the king's house: and all that came into Solomon's heart to make in the house of the Lord, and in his own house, he prosperously effected.

He shall successfully effect the desire of the LORD,by His Hand.

The word hand is the word yad and means:

hand

a) hand (of man)

b) strength, power (fig.)

Its the same word used in Job here Job 1:12

And the Lord said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the Lord.

Jesus because of His Work on the Cross for those God wanted to Save was given Power as Here Jn 17:2

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

Matt 28:18

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Ps 110:3

3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

The scripture says that the pleasure or desire of the LORD shall be effected by His Power, Speaking of Christ executing His Father's good pleasure.

This of course would be the pleasure of His God and Father, and what would be His Pleasure or Desire ?

1 Tim 2:3-4

For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

The word will here is the greek word thelō and means:

to will, have in mind, intend

a) to be resolved or determined, to purpose

b) to desire, to wish

c) to love

1) to like to do a thing, be fond of doing

d) to take delight in, have pleasure

His desire or wish is that all men be saved and to come into the knowledge of the Truth !

Now Christ's coming into the world, being sent by the Father was to come and to seek and to save that which was Lost Lk 19:10

10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

Would not that be those of 1 Tim 2:4 ? I am sure it is ! Now did not Christ say specifically that came here to do His Father's will ? John 6:38-40

38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

The word will here is the greek word thelēma and means:

what one wishes or has determined shall be done

a) of the purpose of God to bless mankind through Christ

b) of what God wishes to be done by us

1) commands, precepts

2) will, choice, inclination, desire, pleasure

So it is plainly seen from scripture what God's will or wish or desire is concerning His Son, and it is that all men be saved and come into the Knowledge of the Truth. Scripture says that through Christ, God's desire shall be effected, and be prosperous. Now if one soul perishes in their sins, and Christ did come by the command of His Father to seek and to save that which is Lost, and one do be Lost, then how did the Pleasure of the Lord prosper in His Hand ? Not one should be Lost Jn 6:39

39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

Meaning none should perish. Now if Christ does not effect this pleasure of the Lord, then He has failed, and Isa 53:10 is a false witness, for nothing short of 100 % of the Sheep shall be found Lk 15:4-5

4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?

5 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.

I do believe the scripture, that Christ hath effected the Father's desire, and all whom the Father desires to be saved and come into the Knowledge of the Truth shall do Just that, By Christ's successful Death. The false religionists does not believe that, for they believe many whom God desires to be saved and come to the Knowledge of the Truth shall be Lost ! This thinking is against Christ, and makes Him to be a failure in that which He should have effected !

2. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Christ finished the Work God gave Him to do !

Jn 17:1-4

These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

Christ came to do a work for His Father, and it is a work that He He would be rewarded for Heb 12:2

2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

His Reward was that Joy set before Him ! The phrase set before Him is the greek prokeimai which means :

to lie or be placed before (a person or a thing) or in front of

2) to set before

a) to be placed before the eyes, to lie in sight

1) to stand forth

b) to be appointed, destined

c) to be there, be present, be at hand

Its an appointed Joy. Remember Jesus said this Lk 22:29

And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

This Kingdom is the Joy of the Lord Matt 25:21

His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

Also the Joy that is His Reward, is the Repentance of each of His Lost Sheep, the Sheep He seeks and finds and saved Lk 15:1-7

Then drew near unto him all the publicans and sinners for to hear him.

2 And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them.

3 And he spake this parable unto them, saying,

4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?

5 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.

6 And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.

7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Thats Jesus Reward, for the sinner that repents is evidence of the success of His Work and the Reward of His Work. The Repenting sinners are the rewards that the Father Promised to the Son for the accomplishment of His Work Ps 2:8

Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

The word give here also means appoint as here Ezk 45:6

6 And ye shall [B]appoint the possession of the city [/b]five thousand broad, and five and twenty thousand long, over against the oblation of the holy portion: it shall be for the whole house of Israel.

Ps 2:8 is the Promised Kingdom appointed of Lk 22:29 and sinners brought into this Kingdom by the Work of Christ are Christ's Reward, His Joy set before Him. This is because He finished the Work the Father gave Him to do !

3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Confess Jesus as Lord !

The Lord Jesus Christ as an reward for His obedience unto death, God Highly Exalted Him as here explained Phil 2:5-11

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Now a couple of items will pointed out as to the Reward of Christ's Sufferings or Death in Being Highly Exalted Him !

Highly Exalted in the greek is hyperypsoō and it means:

metaph. to exalt to the highest rank and power, raise to supreme majesty

2) to extol most highly

3) to be lifted up with pride, exalted beyond measure

4) to carry one's self loftily

The Lord Jesus Christ has been exalted to the Supreme Majesty, Highest in Rank and Power ! Now what Being can Be acknowledged as having Supreme Majesty but God ? 1 Chron 29:11

Thine, O LORD is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty: for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all.

So in other words, the Lord Jesus Christ is not one bit less than the Being being acknowledged here !

Also, The Lord Jesus Christ was given a Name above every Name !

Now what Name can possibly be above every Name but God's Name ?

Similar is what Paul wrote here Eph 1:

Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

Now, How Can the Name of Christ Jesus be above every Name that is Named if He be not God in the Highest Rank of Authority ?

Ps 8:1

O LORD, our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens.

Now, Jehovah Here is acknowledged as the Saints Master ! There is Only one Lord in this regards 1 Cor 8:6

But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

And how excellent is His Name ? Jesus Christ Acts 4:12

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

There is no other Name in Which Salvation can be found, than Jesus Christ. Isa 45:8

Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the LORD have created it.

Neh 9:5

Then the Levites, Jeshua, and Kadmiel, Bani, Hashabniah, Sherebiah, Hodijah, Shebaniah, and Pethahiah, said, Stand up and bless the LORD your God for ever and ever: and blessed be thy glorious name, which is exalted above all blessing and praise

This verse can apply to the Lord Jesus Christ, whose Exaltation has given Him a Name above Every Name which is Named, so He must be Jehovah Lord God ! For only His Name could qualify for such High Praise and Recognition !

And so it is, Every Tongue will Confess Jesus as Lord God Jehovah, because its an Reward for His Obedience unto Death Phil 2:5-11

Every Tongue will confess this Truth. Some because of their Salvation Experience and giving evidence of their conversion out of jewish ignorance, which is Paul's main Point here Rom 10:9-10

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

In other words, if an jew who did now confess Jesus as Lord God, to say the same thing as Scripture says, this gave new evidence that they have been saved [regenerated], because they no longer are ignorant to whom this Jesus is, that He is God ! And at the same time Believe that God raised Him from the Dead because He was also Man ! Only experiencing Salvation can clear up that paradox in a persons mind and heart !

Also, the non elect men of the world, because of Christ's Exaltation and Reward, they also, before being cast into Hell, confess Jesus as Lord to the Glory of God the Father !

This must be because of Christ's Exaltation. That is why it is stated here "under the Earth" Phil 2:10

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

So the reprobated who now deny the Deity Lordship of Christ and those who have died, shall at the Second Coming and Judgment Day, they shall all bow and confess that Jesus is Lord God to the Glory of the Father !