1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Politics of Pants

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Rufus_1611, Feb 11, 2007.

1. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Versace gives Clinton dress tips

She's not showing that she's a woman when she wears trousers?

She's emulating masculinity by wearing trousers?

Did a world famous fashion designer just say pants are for men and skirts are for women?

2. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

:laugh: I think you are reading a little bit too much into her statement, especially considering Donatella Versace designs and sells women pants, and capris, etc.

3. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Have you ever seen the way Donatella Versace dresses?
    [​IMG]

Her designs are not suitable for an American politician. I don't think her advice is either.

Pants are practical.

4. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

Wait...has Donatella Versace seen Hillary in a skirt????
    Oooh; i may have nightmares tonight because of that thought.:laugh:

5. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hillary cannot be faulted on style. It is a mistake to try. What makes her unsuitable for President is her liberal ideology that does not mesh with reality--such as her setting of a date for withdraw from Iraq no later than January 2009 or her belief that government should solve health questions by socialized medicine, not to mention her pro-choice statements.

As for her clothing, she dresses very well for a lady of her class. She doesn't have to wear pants to keep her husband quiet--he will be quiet in this election. In his case, he wears pants but he can't keep them zipped.

6. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh: :laugh:

She wears pants suits because they best fit her body shape.

She is a wee bit chunky (or she used to be) and dresses/skirts that come to her knee or below will make her look like "Marion the Librarian". Not a look for someone desiring to be president.

And Rufus, I couldn't help but chuckle at your post. Not in a mocking way, but just in a soft, friendly, sister-in-Christ way. :laugh: :saint:

7. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

I thought you might get a chuckle out of it. ;)