1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Pope: More than a man?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by csmith, Apr 4, 2005.

1. csmith

csmith New Member

I get the idea from many people I have spoken with that the pope is of a "supernatural" order. Any attempt to bring him to a common ground with the general population is frowned upon by a large number of people.

I believe that he is/was a normal man with the same wicked heart as the rest of us.

Is this the technical belief of the RCC? Is it just some of his followers that believe he is perfect or is that the RCC position?

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Perhaps a direct interview WITH the Pope (connected with his book) will help us SEE why he is so special in the papacy.

In Christ,

Bob

3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So in the RCC you have

Holy Spirit
    Holy Mother
    Holy Father

How many of them are in fact "gods"?

I suspect there is a way to put a good spin on it.

In Christ,

Bob

4. FLMike

FLMike Guest

How many do you think?

Sounds like there's also a way to put a bad spin on it.

5. TP

TP Guest

Greetings,

Yes, Pope JOHN PAUL II IS of the Supernatural Order!!!!

That should not be surprizing since all Christians born again in Water and the Spirit are of the Supernatural order. We are a temple of the holy Spirit, that REAL connection to the holy Spirit brings us into the supernatural Order.

peace

6. TP

TP Guest

Greetings,

You say: So in the RCC you have

Holy Spirit
    Holy Mother
    Holy Father

How many of them are in fact "gods"?

Response: The Holy Spirit is God, I hope you recognize that. Mary is NOT a god/goddess. She is a created being. Holy Father: If you are Referring to God the Father, the First person of the Trinity, then this is also God. If you are referring to the Pope with this title, then it is not a god, just another created being.

I you are currently worshipping the Pope or Mary as gods I wouls suggest you stop as you would be breaking the first commandment.

peace

7. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

This is what the RCC says when they say "born again in Water and the Sprit".( Note the caps in "Water".)

http://marymediatrix.com/mim/
    Her "preservation" from sin is the means by which the Savior effects our "liberation" from sin. That is why He insists with Nicodemus that one cannot enter the kingdom of heaven, unless born again of water and the Holy Spirit, that is to say, unless we become children of Mary and of the Church."

Out of their own mouths...

In HIS service;
    Jim

8. FLMike

FLMike Guest

Without specific assertions it's hard to reply, but the pope is as much of a man as the writers of scripture were. He's a man, a sinner, who at the same time may be granted special gifts by God in order to carry out the work he has been given by God.

9. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

[​IMG] Pope John Paul II kissing the Islamic Qur'an

The Islamic Qur'an calls the idea of Jesus being the Son of God a "most horrifying thing."

"And they (Christians) say: The Compassionate has taken unto Himself a son. Assuredly you utter a most horrifying thing, Whereby the heavens are about to be torn, and the earth to split asunder and the mountains to fall in ruins, That you ascribe unto the Compassionate a son, When it is not meet for (the Majesty of) the Compassionate that He should take a son." [Maryam(19)]

The Islamic Qur'an call Jesus only a messager and denies the Holy Trinity

"Jesus the son of Mary was only a messenger of Allah and His word which He conveyed unto Mary, and a spirit from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers, and say not 'three.'" [Al-Nissa(4)]

The Islamic Qur'an denies Jesus' was crucified and Muslims believe that a substitute died in His place

"They declared 'We have put to death the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the apostle of God'. They did not kill him, nor did they crucify him, but they had only his likeness." [An-Nissa 4:157]

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

"as much of a man as the writers of Scripture were."
    Yes indeed they were men, no different than you or I.
    However they were men used of God to write the inspired Word of God that we have today in the canon of Scripture known as the Bible. The Pope has no such authority. What he writes is no more inspired than Shakespeare.
    DHK

11. TP

TP Guest

Greetings,

Being born of Water and the spirit refers to baptism: This is Catholic, Lutheran, anglican, orthodox, and many others. All normal christian groups see it this way. This is not a catholic vs protestant issue. It is a Baptist versus ALL other Christian issue.

peace

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It is not orthodox. It is not strictly Protestant. You have selected just a few, one of which is Anglican, a break from Catholicism, and very much like Catholicism. The two in the past have tried to unite. In fact if you study most protestant denominations you will find that they baptize after one has received Christ as Saviour, not before. If you study the cults they mostly believe in baptismal regeneration as do the Catholics. Guess where that places the Catholic Church.
    DHK

13. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

He did not preach the Gospel of Christ, he preached the Roman Catholic doctrine of the "Lumen Gentium" from Vatican II which as his very own Cardinal's have stated says that you don't need Jesus Christ to attain salvation:

This snip is from a March 20, 1999 Dallas Morning News interview with Cardinal Arinze;

Dr. Tyson: "It seems to me that one of the barriers to interreligious dialogue, at least on the Christian side, is the kind of exclusivistic claim -- that in fact if you don't believe in Jesus Christ, you will not be in the right with God. ... "

Cardinal Arinze: "[A document from the Second Vatican Council] says that God's grant of salvation includes not only Christians, but Jews, Muslims, Hindus and people of good will. That is, a person can be saved, can attain salvation, but on condition that the person is open to God's action. ... "

Robert Ashley, news director at Dallas radio station KHVN-AM (970): "So you can still get to heaven without accepting Jesus?"

Cardinal Arinze: "Expressly, yes."

End of news snip.

[​IMG] Pope John Paul II has "rejoiced" with Hindus and their "gods" during ceremonies such as their "Festival of Lights" and he even received the Hindu's "divine eye" mark on his forehead. According to a report from the Vatican's own FIDES News Service, on May 14, 1999 he kissed the Muslim Qur'an which denies our Lord as the Son of God he has built shrines to the so-called "Virgin of Guadalupe" apparition which has been documented as one lie stacked on top of another for centuries and he's placed his own image on everything from "baseball-type cards" inside of potato chip bags to "Papal Miracle Mugs" (pour some hot water into the mug and instantly the black sky clears to reveal a giant Pope John Paul II bending over a city, his hands clasped devoutly in prayer).

14. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

You know, y'all could let the body get cold before you make him into satan.

15. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

A picture is worth a thousand words Diane. Thank you so much.

In HIS service;
    Jim

16. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Tragic-pizza;

These things are nothing new to we who are informed of the difference between the image of the man and the man himself.

Warm body-cold body, it makes little difference. He was not who many think he was.

In HIS service;
    Jim

17. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Nor are you. Nor am I.

This utter joy at the opportunity to rip a church leader to shreds is, like the whole Schiavo thing, Christianity at its worst. Day by day, this board continues to not surprise me.

18. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Sorry DHK, you are wrong. Most non-Catholic denominations baptize infants. Here are just a few of them:

Anglican
    Methodist
    Lutheran
    Presbyterian
    Episcopalian
    Greek Orthodox
    Reformed/Dutch Reformed

It would be interesting for you to name which cults baptize infants in the name of the "Father, Son & Holy Spirit." Personally, I do not know of any. However, other cults do baptize adults only.

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I didn't say they baptized in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. I said they believed in baptismal regeneration:
    Oneness Pentecostal,
    Church of Christ,
    Jehovah's Witness use baptism as an initiation into thier cult.
    Mormons have multiple baptisms even for the salvation of their ancestors.
    Most cults use baptism as an initiation to their cult, and salvation comes with it.
    DHK

20. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

So if a church holds to baptismal regeneration, it's a cult?

Yeah.