1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Power Of Forgiveness

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by GraceGvn2Me, May 30, 2005.

1. GraceGvn2Me

GraceGvn2Me New Member

Mathew 6:15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

I knew it not only as a commandment of God, but as a daily experience. Since the end of the war I had had a home in Holland for victims of Nazi brutality. Those who were able to forgive their former enemies were able also to return to the outside world and rebuild their lives, no matter what the physical scars. Those who nursed their bitterness remained invalids. It was as simple and horrible as that... - Corrie ten Boom

2. Brian30755

Brian30755 New Member

This is so true. Whenever I feel like I can't forgive someone for what they've done or said, when I feel like they don't deserve my forgiveness, I just say to myself, "Hey Brian, you didn't deserve God's forgiveness either".

I wish everyone could understand the healing power of forgiveness. I see people at work, and even some family members, that are so miserable simply because they refuse to forgive someone. (Or, they think the person has to come and ASK them for forgiveness before they can forgive them.)

3. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Excellent posts! Resentment and anger are worthless emotions that keep us from a proper relationship with our Heavenly Father. Many people are anger filled and call it righteous indignation, excusing themselves for what is actually hatred.

1 John 4:20 If someone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?

1 John 3:10 In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is he who does not love his brother.

1 John 3:14 We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love his brother F8 abides in death.

4. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Something I've found that people forget - you have to forgive yourself. Who are you to bear a grudge against something Christ has forgiven?
    Guilt and self-hatred can separate a Christian from God.