1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Pre Mil Position

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Heavenly Pilgrim, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Heavenly Pilgrim
    Allan, can you state your beliefs in clear terms for the list? Do you believe that the land involved, the physical space and dirt, was not to be taken literally by Abraham as a real parcel of real estate in the covenant God made to Abraham and his descendants?

HP: Allan, why you would believe your answer was anything BUT open and straight forward is beyond me. I asked a straight forward question pertaining to 1. the physical land 2. Whether or not Abraham and his descendants were the direct inheritors of that physical land then, and now.

Your answer was vaguely futuristic, and evasive at best. Your answer did not address the physical land when Abraham lived or even his descendants today. By reading your response one could not determine clearly whether or not your position was that they now or ever in reality inherit physical land, but rather your remarks leave the reader open as to just how, in what future those promises would be fulfilled. You gave no indication directly whether or not they would be fulfilled in this world, the next world, literally or physically, or if in fact only in some limited spiritual sense.

The plain truth is that regardless of how you see your motives, or how you think that you were forthright, if you expect the reader to understand your answer clearly, you are going to have to speak directly to the question and not answer in the evasive manner you have now done three times.

Here would be an example of a forthright answer to my question. (Not suggesting that this would be your answer, just an example of a clear forthright answer.) : No, I do not believe that the physical dirt or land of Canaan, was promised by God to Abraham and his descendants in his day literally as their possession, nor is it today. The land promised was speaking of some future time in which the land, either physically and or spiritually, would be theirs as a possession.

Pressed again after your first evasive answer, here was your second response:

HP: Once again you evade the real issues just as you did in your first response. I did NOT ask about anything in the future Allan. I asked about in the day of Abraham and today as we speak, does that land rightfully NOW belonging to Israel, physical Israel, the nation Israel as we know and understand to exist in the Middle East today, that was chartered as a nation by the UN in 1946(?), as a promised possession for as long as this earth physically exists in the state it is in, i.e. as an everlasting possession?

Allan, please make a careful note. “Still to be fulfilled” is evasive remark and does NOT answer my question forthright. Such words can mean dirrefent things to different people. As I said, you have every right to be evasive if you desire to be misunderstood, and you do not have to respond if you want to hide your true sentiments. If you want to be understood and participate openly and honestly in meaningful debate, you need to state your answers clearly, speaking directly to the questions asked. :)

#81 Heavenly Pilgrim, Jan 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2009
  2. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: This makes no sense whatsoever. Tell us how man can be responsible for a nature of sin, when in fact it was nothing more than a necessitated consequence of being born human according to the way I understand you? Are you suggesting that a Just God will hold men accountable for a nature that He created them with and they never had the slightest involvement in acquiring it themselves, and having once acquired such a nature, sin was nothing more or less than a necessitated outcome?
    Some justice that envisions.

What love. Create a being necessitated to sin, and then punish him for all eternity for failing to overcome necessitated fate, something even God cannot do. Sorry InChrist, the malady you are picturing is impossible in light of immutable principles of justice to comprehend, let alone accept.

3. InChrist

InChrist New Member

I'm not sure why a Christian who reads the Bible I do would ask this? Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the question or the statement? We know God didn't create sin. Sin entered the world through Adam and his choice to disobey God. We are born with sin through the sin curse yes. Like begats like. Our forefathers were sinners, we are sinners. But, we sin by nature AND we sin by choice.

Punishment for all eternity is consquence of sin full stop. And it is also a consequence of choice. Choosing not to believe and trust in the Saviour. There are some things from a human perspective that I am unable to fully comprehend regarding these issues, but that doesn't make them not so.

Perhaps you could explain to me your perspective on man and the sin nature.

4. Heavenly Pilgrim

InChrist, you give me a tall order. For starters go to this link on Baptist Board for a brief post on the issues. http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=56479&page=3 post #23. Possibly that thread would be more appropriate to respond concerning the issues you ask about. Hope that helps.

5. Allan

Allan Active Member

You never said anything, stated or implied, about the land being theirs'now' . Reread your own question.

Technically, yes, the land is theirs even now - much like a child who has money set aside till their 18th birthday that they can't have till then. Do they have control over all that was promised them now. No. The fulness of the land promised them will be restored to them as their own in the future. That fulness has a quite a bit of baggage though. The land is promised to them it was through their disobediece in which it was given over to others. (much like giving that childs money over to anothre to watch care till such time as is mandated), They can not have the land as their possesion but to simply hold or keep till God bring Israel back unto Himself as He promised and thus fulfill His promise of the Land and all that goes with that promise of the Land - Peace, safety, unity-with-God, prosperity, ect.. So. It is both a yes 'now' and in the fulness of God's promise future.

Secondly, meaningful debate has no place for condesending remarks and ad hominims such as you give. I'm not sure exactly what makes you assume your superiority but you have none here. This is not a formal debate but causal and you need to be more specific if you want specific answers and gracious.

If you want to formally debate then set up an OP give the Resolve and set forth the argumenation for your representation. And since we are discussing Theology some presuppositions aught to noted and acknowledged before you procede in order to move those aside from facts given.

#85 Allan, Jan 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2009
  6. Heavenly Pilgrim

Allan, I appreciate the clear, precise answer you gave in your last post. Thank you! Well stated!:thumbs: I also hear your admonition and will do my best to take heed. :)

7. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Some amillennials believe that the Triune God will reign on the New Earth as discussed in Revelation 21, 22. The Bible and the Future by Anthony A. Hoekema.