1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Preacher and the Farmer

Discussion in 'Jokes & Humor (Clean)' started by tyndale1946, Jul 29, 2014.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    About a hundred years ago there was a little country church at times visited by a circuit riding preacher. It was during the winter that a terrible blizzard came through. This prevented the little congregation from coming to meeting time all except one old farmer, who live nearby.
    Coming up in his wagon he saw the preacher who had just arrived tying his horse to the hitched post. He walked up to the preacher, greeting him in the name of the Lord and both went inside the church to wait for the other members. Waited and waited for one hour but nobody came.
    The preacher turned to farmer and said.. The Lord tells us in Matthew 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. Well said the preacher since their are only two of us, let have church.
    So they sang Amazing Grace... The old farmer prayed that the Holy Ghost would be present and give the preacher liberty. The preacher went into the pulpit and using the same verse preached the untold riches of Almighty God.
    The Holy Ghost was present and set the preacher ON FIRE! He could not stop preaching!... IT WAS FIRE IN HIS BONES! HE EXHORTED! HE EXPOUNDED! HE DECLARED!... From Genesis to Revelation the UNSEACHABLE RICHES OF GOD! The old farmer with tears rolling down his cheeks shouting HALLELUJAHS!... PRAISE THE LORD! and AMEN PREACHER hung on his every word.
    After 2 hours the preacher quit and stepped down and shook the old farmers hand. They sang a song and dismissed in prayer. The old farmer said "Preacher I thoroughly enjoyed that sermon". But I have only one question to ask. Go ahead said the preacher thinking it might be of theological importance. You know I'm a farmer. I also have a small heard of cattle and everyday I go to feed the cattle. Now and then one from the heard of cattle wander off and I have to feed it. But said the old farmer when I find that one cow I give it a little feed. "I NEVER UNLOAD THE WHOLE WAGON!"

#1 tyndale1946, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2014