1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Prodigal Project Series

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by Dan Todd, May 2, 2003.

1. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

I just finished "The Prodigal Project Book 1: Genesis" by Ken Abraham and Daniel Hart.

I found on the web that this will be a series, it addition to the above book - there will also be the following:
    The Prodigal Project Book 2: Exodus (June 2003)
    The Prodigal Project Book 3: Numbers
    The Prodigal Project Book 4: Chronicles
    The Prodigal Project Book 5: Kings
    The Prodigal Project Book 6: Lamentations
    The Prodigal Project Book 7: Revelation

I found the first book to be very interesting - I expect that I will buy the second one when it comes out.

I'm wondering if anyone else out there read the first book, and what did you think of it?

2. Priscilla Ann

Priscilla Ann Member

I just finished the first book of the Prodigal Project series a few days ago. I really enjoyed it and will probably also read the next one. I actually thought the writing in this book was better than the writing of the Left Behind series; the characters seemed to have more depth.

It will be interesting to see what direction the second book takes.

Priscilla Ann

3. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

I'm glad to see that I am not the only person to have read the book.

I was beginning to fear that if no one else read it - maybe they wouldn't publish the second in the series. [​IMG]

By the way - I found my copy at Walmart - where did you find yours?

4. Priscilla Ann

Priscilla Ann Member

I also got my copy at Wal Mart! Wal Mart seems to carry a pretty good selection of mainstream Christian books, and I frequently pick up bestsellers there for much less than I would pay in a bookstore.

5. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The preceding reads like it's a commentary series, BUT:

reads like a fiction series! :confused: :confused:

So come on guys, give a brief synopsis so all of us (me anyway) will know what you're talking about! [​IMG]

edited to correct spelling :D

[ May 08, 2003, 01:32 PM: Message edited by: just-want-peace ]

6. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

In Book 1 - Genesis - the authors introduce us to several individuals who will become involved in the yet undefined Prodigal Project - a project that takes place after the rapture of the church and during the tribulation.

One individual is a single career girl - who takes up where her recently murdered sister left off in the world of journalism.

One woman - unsaved - lost the rest of her saved family in the rapture -

One woman - unsaved w/an unsaved husband w/a extreemly mentally handicapped child -

A preacher - great reputation as a man of God - not taken -

Woven through this is the rapture of some important political leaders with other left behind -

A rather vicious muslim holy war -

I don't want to say much more - except that the authors really take a hard look at the characters before and after the rapture.

We are not given much of a hint as to the the Prodigal Project is - but I suspect that is because the authors want us to buy the next book.

I enjoyed the book very much!!

Hope this helps!! ;)

7. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks much! Haven't heard of this series(?) before, but it does sound interesting!

Again, thanks!