1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Prophecy Club

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by gtbuzzarp, Mar 2, 2006.

1. gtbuzzarp

gtbuzzarp New Member

Anyone have any experience with/ever hear of "The Prophecy Club"? They recently obtained a 30 min time slot on a local Christian radio station.

The little that I heard sounded way out there and it concerns me that the station, which seems to have otherwise decent programming, would allow them to purchase air time. I fear that people might be lead astray, particulary young Christians, because of a false sense of trust some might have of this station. I suppose it ultimately has to do with $$$.

You can find them at http://www.prophecyclub.com
    There you can read past newsletters and I think listen to old broadcasts.

I also want to note that this is not related to the Left Behind Prophecy Club.

2. Boanerges

Boanerges New Member

Change the channel....it is junque...

3. rbell

rbell Active Member

And all this time, I thought "the prophecy club" was a lock you put on your Bible so no one would steal Revelations...

[​IMG]

4. gtbuzzarp

gtbuzzarp New Member

I'd be willing to invest in that sort over the one I mentioned! :D

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Is Molly Ringwald in it?

6. gtbuzzarp

gtbuzzarp New Member

Not that I'm aware of.

7. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

Avoid that show. They are some real nut cases.

They almost all claim to have direct revelation from Jesus via personal appearances. Or they claim to have been raptured up to heaven for some special revelation, or both.

And then of course they are happy to sell you their new found information. They all tour around like Barnum and Bailey for prophesy conferences. And like P.T. Barnum, they believe their is a Christian sucker born every minute.

8. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

A few years ago, I recall hearing them broadcast a lecture/pep talk/fundraising scam by one "Hayseed Stephens," who was using his understanding of "creation science" and Bible prophecy to claim that the world's biggest deposit of oil sat underneath Israel in the former location of Sodom and Gomorrah.

He was not, as I recall, basing his claims on any actual geology.

The Prophecy Club people also endorse the likes of Gail Riplinger, just another proof that they are cranks.

9. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

I have heard of this Hayseed guy, and I believe that he is a Texas oil geologist.

His theory is that Israel will discover and drill for oil in the Dead Sea region as you pointed out. He thinks that since this area is lower that the oil deposits in the rest of the Middle East that they will drain off all their oil.

This will no doubt really make the Arabs mad and start a War and cause Russia to come down as described in Ez. 38-39 to take the oil.

He of course thinks this is good since it will hasten the return of Jesus Christ.

10. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

I have heard of this Hayseed guy, and I believe that he is a Texas oil geologist.

Was.

His theory is that Israel will discover and drill for oil in the Dead Sea region as you poin

Has Ness Energy (Stephens' company) actually discovered any actual oil in Israel yet, or are they just presuppositionally committed to its existence based on something "God" told Hayseed and his personal intepretation of Biblical prophecy?

I notice their stock is currently worth about $.19, which says something.

11. Ron Arndt

Ron Arndt New Member

If anyone ever founded "the Prophecy Club" it had to be Jack Van Impe. This guy could talk on anything, anyplace or anybody and make that a prophecy OF TODAY all by itself. Jack Van Impe missed his true calling. He should have been a science fiction writer along with Hal Lindsey.

Do you remember when Van Impe and Lindsey wrote that Russia was "Gog of Magog" and was going to swoop down on little Israel and take over her oil refineries? That was some 30 years ago. Oh,oh I'm giving away my age.

Warning, warning.Beware of any so called Prophecy club.It's easy to predict something out of nothing, if it sounds good. It made millions for Tim LaHaye.

12. Boanerges

Boanerges New Member