1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"The Prophecy of Israel"

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by church mouse guy, May 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "The Prophecy of Israel" by Dr. David Reagan (Lion and Lamb Ministries) with Alexander Scourby.(Part I)

Ezekiel 5:5 (KJV) Thus saith the Lord GOD; This [is] Jerusalem: I have set it in the midst of the nations and countries [that are] round about her.

Joshua 10:1 (KJV) Now it came to pass, when Adonizedek king of Jerusalem had heard how Joshua had taken Ai, and had utterly destroyed it; as he had done to Jericho and her king, so he had done to Ai and her king; and how the inhabitants of Gibeon had made peace with Israel, and were among them;

Ezekiel 23:28-29 (KJV) For thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will deliver thee into the hand [of them] whom thou hatest, into the hand [of them] from whom thy mind is alienated: And they shall deal with thee hatefully, and shall take away all thy labour, and shall leave thee naked and bare:

Daniel 10:20 (KJV) ...lo, the prince of Grecia shall come.

Daniel 11:2-4 (KJV) ...and by his strength through his riches he shall stir up all against the realm of Grecia. And a mighty king shall stand up, that shall rule with great dominion, and do according to his will. And when he shall stand up, his kingdom shall be broken, and shall be divided toward the four winds of heaven; and not to his posterity, nor according to his dominion which he ruled: for his kingdom shall be plucked up, even for others beside those.

Deuteronomy 28:63-66 (KJV) And it shall come to pass, [that] as the LORD rejoiced over you to do you good, and to multiply you; so the LORD will rejoice over you to destroy you, and to bring you to nought; and ye shall be plucked from off the land whither thou goest to possess it. And the LORD shall scatter thee among all people, from the one end of the earth even unto the other; and there thou shalt serve other gods, which neither thou nor thy fathers have known, [even] wood and stone. And among these nations shalt thou find no ease, neither shall the sole of thy foot have rest: but the LORD shall give thee there a trembling heart, and failing of eyes, and sorrow of mind: And thy life shall hang in doubt before thee; and thou shalt fear day and night, and shalt have none assurance of thy life:

Isaiah 49:3 (KJV) ...Thou [art] my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified.

Isaiah 49:15-16 (KJV) ...yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of [my] hands;

Jeremiah 31:34-36 (KJV) ...for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more. Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, [and] the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts [is] his name: If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, [then] the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.

1. Re-gathering of the People.

Ezekiel 37:11-12 (KJV) Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts. Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.

Isaiah 11:10 (KJV) And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people;

Isaiah 11:12 (KJV) And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

2. Re-establishment of Israel (May 14, 1948)

Jeremiah 16:14-15 (KJV) Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that it shall no more be said, The LORD liveth, that brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt; But, The LORD liveth, that brought up the children of Israel from the land of the north, and from all the lands whither he had driven them: and I will bring them again into their land that I gave unto their fathers.

3. Reclamation of the Land.

Deuteronomy 29:22-28 (KJV) So that the generation to come of your children that shall rise up after you, and the stranger that shall come from a far land, shall say, when they see the plagues of that land, and the sicknesses which the LORD hath laid upon it; [And that] the whole land thereof [is] brimstone, and salt, [and] burning, [that] it is not sown, nor beareth, nor any grass groweth therein...Even all nations shall say, Wherefore hath the LORD done thus unto this land? what [meaneth] the heat of this great anger? Then men shall say, Because they have forsaken the covenant of the LORD God of their fathers, which he made with them when he brought them forth out of the land of Egypt: For they went and served other gods, and worshipped them, gods whom they knew not, and [whom] he had not given unto them: And the anger of the LORD was kindled against this land, to bring upon it all the curses that are written in this book: And the LORD rooted them out of their land in anger, and in wrath, and in great indignation, and cast them into another land, as [it is] this day.

Ezekiel 36:33-36 (KJV) Thus saith the Lord GOD; In the day that I shall have cleansed you from all your iniquities I will also cause [you] to dwell in the cities, and the wastes shall be builded. And the desolate land shall be tilled, whereas it lay desolate in the sight of all that passed by. And they shall say, This land that was desolate is become like the garden of Eden; and the waste and desolate and ruined cities [are become] fenced, [and] are inhabited. Then the heathen that are left round about you shall know that I the LORD build the ruined [places, and] plant that that was desolate: I the LORD have spoken [it], and I will do [it].

Isaiah 35:6-7 (KJV) ...for in the wilderness shall waters break out, and streams in the desert. And the parched ground shall become a pool, and the thirsty land springs of water...

Ezekiel 28:25-26 (KJV) Thus saith the Lord GOD; When I shall have gathered the house of Israel from the people among whom they are scattered, and shall be sanctified in them in the sight of the heathen, then shall they dwell in their land that I have given to my servant Jacob. And they shall dwell safely therein, and shall build houses, and plant vineyards; yea, they shall dwell with confidence, when I have executed judgments upon all those that despise them round about them; and they shall know that I [am] the LORD their God.

4. Revival of the Language. (Hebrew)

Zephaniah 3:9 (KJV) For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent.

Jeremiah 31:23 (KJV) Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; As yet they shall use this speech in the land of Judah and in the cities thereof, when I shall bring again their captivity; The LORD bless thee, O habitation of justice, [and] mountain of holiness.

5. Resurgence of Israeli Military.

2 Samuel 7:9-11 (KJV) And I was with thee whithersoever thou wentest, and have cut off all thine enemies out of thy sight, and have made thee a great name, like unto the name of the great [men] that [are] in the earth. Moreover I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime, And as since the time that I commanded judges [to be] over my people Israel, and have caused thee to rest from all thine enemies....

Zechariah 12:6 (KJV) In that day will I make the governors of Judah like an hearth of fire among the wood, and like a torch of fire in a sheaf; and they shall devour all the people round about, on the right hand and on the left: and Jerusalem shall be inhabited again in her own place, [even] in Jerusalem.

• Like Like x 1
  2. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Part II

6. Re-focus of World Politics. (Israel gained control of Jerusalem on June 7. 1967)

Zechariah 12:2-3 (KJV) Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah [and] against Jerusalem. And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people:...

(The Eastern Gate is shut till Jesus returns)

Ezekiel 44:1-3 (KJV) Then he brought me back the way of the gate of the outward sanctuary which looketh toward the east; and it [was] shut. Then said the LORD unto me; This gate shall be shut, it shall not be opened, and no man shall enter in by it; because the LORD, the God of Israel, hath entered in by it, therefore it shall be shut. [It is] for the prince; the prince, he shall sit in it to eat bread before the LORD; he shall enter by the way of the porch of [that] gate, and shall go out by the way of the same.

Luke 21:22-24 (KJV) For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled...for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people. And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

(The Arabs 5.3 million square miles of land)

Genesis 17:20 (KJV) And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation.

(Conclusion)

Zechariah 12:1 (KJV) The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him.

Zechariah 12:3 (KJV) And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

Zechariah 12:8-9 (KJV) In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David [shall be] as God, as the angel of the LORD before them. And it shall come to pass in that day, [that] I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

Amos 9:13-15 (KJV) Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that the plowman shall overtake the reaper, and the treader of grapes him that soweth seed; and the mountains shall drop sweet wine, and all the hills shall melt. And I will bring again the captivity of my people of Israel, and they shall build the waste cities, and inhabit [them]; and they shall plant vineyards, and drink the wine thereof; they shall also make gardens, and eat the fruit of them. And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God.

3. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lots of Old Covenant Scripture & even one quote from Jesus,
    BUT
    nothing about the fulfilment of propecy by the LORD Jesus Christ, his incarnation & life, Calvary & the resurrection, Pentecost & the Gospel to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

When we consider the NC Scriptures we see the nation born in one day - Pentecost - when many thousands turned to the LORD in repentance. Priests & Pharisees were numbered among believers.

The Gospel soon spread far & wide, always beginning at synagogues where the dispersed Jews worshipped.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no political state born at Pentecost.

God made promises to the Jews as recorded by Moses and the other prophets. Astonishingly, the promises have often been fulfilled in recent memory.

5. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    “and you will be to me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ These are the words that you will speak to the Israelites.”” (Exodus 19:6) (NET)

“But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people of his own, so that you may proclaim the virtues of the one who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.” (1 Peter 2:9) (NET)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Covenanter

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why do you think there should be a Political state?
    A holy nation kingdom was certainly born at Pentecost.

Exo. 19:5 Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession. Although the whole earth is mine, 6 you will be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.”

So when was the Holy Nation that Peter refers to born? The church is the fulfilment of God's promise to Israel by Moses. Without an "if" because Jesus fulfilled the Old Covenant "if" as Israel for Israel, as man for man.

• Like Like x 1
  7. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, where does it say that this happened at Pentecost, which involved the Holy Ghost? Also, the verse about Israel being born in one day was not listed by Dr. Reagan, was it? Nevertheless, I am happy to accept it as a fulfilled prophecy of Israel if you want to add it.

8. terrpn

terrpn Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I love it.....thank you for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  9. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My pleasure!

10. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    “So then, because he was a prophet and knew that God had sworn to him with an oath to seat one of his descendants on his throne,David by foreseeing this spoke about the resurrection of the Christ, that he was neither abandoned to Hades, nor did his body experience decay.” (Acts 2:30–31) (NET)

Notice, Peter says Christ's resurrection seated him on David's Throne.

Also, Paul says he must reign until the resurrection of the dead at the end of the world. This is when Jesus destroys the last enemy - death.

“Then comes the end, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father, when he has brought to an end all rule and all authority and power. For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. The last enemy to be eliminated is death.” (1 Corinthians 15:24–26) (NET)

Then God creates the New Heavens and earth where Jesus continues reigning forever.

““To him who overcomes will I grant to sit with Me on My throne [future], as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne [presently in heaven]. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”” (Revelation 3:21–22)

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus is to be the King of the Jews, the Jews at time of His second coming, descendants of His own bethren!

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Possibly some of Isaac's DNA is to be found. But the Jews are not a race, they are a false religion that hates Christ.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jews are a race of people ....

14. David Kent

David Kent Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just glancing through the OP I see two prophecies that were fulfilled in the fist cenury,
    • Deuteronomy 15 But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command thee this day; that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee:
    • 16Cursed shalt thou be in the city, and cursed shalt thou be in the field.
    • 17Cursed shall be thy basket and thy store.
    • 18Cursed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy land, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.
    • 19Cursed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and cursed shalt thou be when thou goest out.
    • 20The LORD shall send upon thee cursing, vexation, and rebuke, in all that thou settest thine hand unto for to do, until thou be destroyed, and until thou perish quickly; because of the wickedness of thy doings, whereby thou hast forsaken me.
    • 21The LORD shall make the pestilence cleave unto thee, until he have consumed thee from off the land, whither thou goest to possess it.
    • 22The LORD shall smite thee with a consumption, and with a fever, and with an inflammation, and with an extreme burning, and with the sword, and with blasting, and with mildew; and they shall pursue thee until thou perish.
    • 23And thy heaven that is over thy head shall be brass, and the earth that is under thee shall be iron.
    • 24The LORD shall make the rain of thy land powder and dust: from heaven shall it come down upon thee, until thou be destroyed.
    • 25The LORD shall cause thee to be smitten before thine enemies: thou shalt go out one way against them, and flee seven ways before them: and shalt be removed into all the kingdoms of the earth.
    • 26And thy carcase shall be meat unto all fowls of the air, and unto the beasts of the earth, and no man shall fray them away.
    • 27The LORD will smite thee with the botch of Egypt, and with the emerods, and with the scab, and with the itch, whereof thou canst not be healed.
    • 28The LORD shall smite thee with madness, and blindness, and astonishment of heart:
    • 29And thou shalt grope at noonday, as the blind gropeth in darkness, and thou shalt not prosper in thy ways: and thou shalt be only oppressed and spoiled evermore, and no man shall save thee.
    • 30Thou shalt betroth a wife, and another man shall lie with her: thou shalt build an house, and thou shalt not dwell therein: thou shalt plant a vineyard, and shalt not gather the grapes thereof.
    • 31Thine ox shall be slain before thine eyes, and thou shalt not eat thereof: thine ass shall be violently taken away from before thy face, and shall not be restored to thee: thy sheep shall be given unto thine enemies, and thou shalt have none to rescue them.
    • 32Thy sons and thy daughters shall be given unto another people, and thine eyes shall look, and fail with longing for them all the day long: and there shall be no might in thine hand.
    • 33The fruit of thy land, and all thy labours, shall a nation which thou knowest not eat up; and thou shalt be only oppressed and crushed alway:
    • 34So that thou shalt be mad for the sight of thine eyes which thou shalt see.
    • 35The LORD shall smite thee in the knees, and in the legs, with a sore botch that cannot be healed, from the sole of thy foot unto the top of thy head.
    • 36The LORD shall bring thee, and thy king which thou shalt set over thee, unto a nation which neither thou nor thy fathers have known; and there shalt thou serve other gods, wood and stone.
    • 37And thou shalt become an astonishment, a proverb, and a byword, among all nations whither the LORD shall lead thee.
    • 38Thou shalt carry much seed out into the field, and shalt gather but little in; for the locust shall consume it.
    • 39Thou shalt plant vineyards, and dress them, but shalt neither drink of the wine, nor gather the grapes; for the worms shall eat them.
    • 40Thou shalt have olive trees throughout all thy coasts, but thou shalt not anoint thyself with the oil; for thine olive shall cast his fruit.
    • 41Thou shalt beget sons and daughters, but thou shalt not enjoy them; for they shall go into captivity.
    • 42All thy trees and fruit of thy land shall the locust consume.
    • 43The stranger that is within thee shall get up above thee very high; and thou shalt come down very low.
    • 44He shall lend to thee, and thou shalt not lend to him: he shall be the head, and thou shalt be the tail.
    • 45Moreover all these curses shall come upon thee, and shall pursue thee, and overtake thee, till thou be destroyed; because thou hearkenedst not unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which he commanded thee:
    • 46And they shall be upon thee for a sign and for a wonder, and upon thy seed for ever.
    • 47Because thou servedst not the LORD thy God with joyfulness, and with gladness of heart, for the abundance of all things;
    • 48Therefore shalt thou serve thine enemies which the LORD shall send against thee, in hunger, and in thirst, and in nakedness, and in want of all things: and he shall put a yoke of iron upon thy neck, until he have destroyed thee.
    • 49The LORD shall bring a nation against thee from far, from the end of the earth, as swift as the eagle flieth; a nation whose tongue thou shalt not understand;
    • 50A nation of fierce countenance, which shall not regard the person of the old, nor shew favour to the young:
    • 51And he shall eat the fruit of thy cattle, and the fruit of thy land, until thou be destroyed: which also shall not leave thee either corn, wine, or oil, or the increase of thy kine, or flocks of thy sheep, until he have destroyed thee.
    • 52And he shall besiege thee in all thy gates, until thy high and fenced walls come down, wherein thou trustedst, throughout all thy land: and he shall besiege thee in all thy gates throughout all thy land, which the LORD thy God hath given thee.
    • 53And thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters, which the LORD thy God hath given thee, in the siege, and in the straitness, wherewith thine enemies shall distress thee:
    • 54So that the man that is tender among you, and very delicate, his eye shall be evil toward his brother, and toward the wife of his bosom, and toward the remnant of his children which he shall leave:
    • 55So that he will not give to any of them of the flesh of his children whom he shall eat: because he hath nothing left him in the siege, and in the straitness, wherewith thine enemies shall distress thee in all thy gates.
    • 56The tender and delicate woman among you, which would not adventure to set the sole of her foot upon the ground for delicateness and tenderness, her eye shall be evil toward the husband of her bosom, and toward her son, and toward her daughter,
    • 57And toward her young one that cometh out from between her feet, and toward her children which she shall bear: for she shall eat them for want of all things secretly in the siege and straitness, wherewith thine enemy shall distress thee in thy gates.
    • 58If thou wilt not observe to do all the words of this law that are written in this book, that thou mayest fear this glorious and fearful name, THE LORD THY GOD;
    • 59Then the LORD will make thy plagues wonderful, and the plagues of thy seed, even great plagues, and of long continuance, and sore sicknesses, and of long continuance.
    • 60Moreover he will bring upon thee all the diseases of Egypt, which thou wast afraid of; and they shall cleave unto thee.
    • 61Also every sickness, and every plague, which is not written in the book of this law, them will the LORD bring upon thee, until thou be destroyed.
    • 62And ye shall be left few in number, whereas ye were as the stars of heaven for multitude; because thou wouldest not obey the voice of the LORD thy God.
    • 63And it shall come to pass, that as the LORD rejoiced over you to do you good, and to multiply you; so the LORD will rejoice over you to destroy you, and to bring you to nought; and ye shall be plucked from off the land whither thou goest to possess it.
    • 64And the LORD shall scatter thee among all people, from the one end of the earth even unto the other; and there thou shalt serve other gods, which neither thou nor thy fathers have known, even wood and stone.
    • 65And among these nations shalt thou find no ease, neither shall the sole of thy foot have rest: but the LORD shall give thee there a trembling heart, and failing of eyes, and sorrow of mind:
    • 66And thy life shall hang in doubt before thee; and thou shalt fear day and night, and shalt have none assurance of thy life:
    • 67In the morning thou shalt say, Would God it were even! and at even thou shalt say, Would God it were morning! for the fear of thine heart wherewith thou shalt fear, and for the sight of thine eyes which thou shalt see.
    • 68And the LORD shall bring thee into Egypt again with ships, by the way whereof I spake unto thee, Thou shalt see it no more again: and there ye shall be sold unto your enemies for bondmen and bondwomen, and no man shall buy you.
    The second is
    • Luke 21:22-24 (KJV) For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled...for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people. And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

• Like Like x 1
  15. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All of the Prophecies listed above have been fulfilled.

16. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is only one human race.

“And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;” (Acts 17:26) (KJV 1900)

I believe racism comes from Evolution. The Jews are a religion just as Christians are a religion. We are not a race.

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. David Kent

David Kent Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus is King of the church now.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Covenanter

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I normally ignore your tweetyposts but I'll answer this one -

We can divide the one human race is many ways, but that does not make the various divisions different races.

Throughout the OC Scriptures, different families & nations became Israelites/Jews by proselyting, so the question of Abrahaamic descent becomes as precisely defined as "British" in that it included people of different nations & languages - and religions! - they were frequently defecting & worshipping other gods.

Present Jews are a very diverse people, neither race, nation, not religion -
    as Leon Rosselson (a British atheist Jew of Russian Jewish parents) in his song "My Father's Jewish World" wrote as a chorus -
    (Punctuation & capitals are his)

It's not a nation Not a religion
    This Jewish spirit Is still unbroken
    It's like the candle That mocks the darkness
    It's like the song that Shatters the silence
    It's like the fool who Laughs at the dragon
    It's like the spark that Signals rebellion
    It's like the dance that Circles unending

• Like Like x 1
  19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The jews are a group within the human race, they did not cease to exist after AD 70!

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, and will also be the King of the Jews when he comes back!

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.