1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Rapture

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by SPFJ, Feb 14, 2006.

1. SPFJ

SPFJ New Member

Ok, I missed something. Where or who said anything about a "secret rapture?" When it happens, it will hardly be a secret!

2. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Agreed, most historic pre-mils would agree in a rapture -- at the end of a tribulation period. I've never heard of an amil view with a rature though.

3. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

I think it depends on the definitiion of rapture. Surely, everyone agrees that Christ will come back and end all things in His own time and in His own way. If thats what is meant by rapture, then amils believe in one. If its the event that many call the (secret) "calling away", then amils dont believe that.

4. SPFJ

SPFJ New Member

Wow, some of you guys reel-y have all of this rapture stuff down to a science...hmmm

5. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have no idea how true that is. . . [​IMG]

6. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Oh no, not at all. I just wanted to bring up the fact that there are various views of the end times among Christians. Personally, it seems like the dispy, pre-mil folks are the ones that have this down to a science.