1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The REAL Jack Hyles

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Charles Meadows, Aug 8, 2005.

1. MikeinGhana

MikeinGhana New Member

Eighteen pages on this subject? Isn't this quite enough? A lot of good points have been made. Ultimately, each one of us will give account of himself, and his ministry God has entrusted to him. Some are 30 mfold, some 60, and some 100 fold Christian soulwiners. Just get busy and and reach your potential.

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

This thread only has a few posts left in its lifespan. Cut off is 20 pages.

3. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Excellent. These are the kinds of answers I was looking for. With multiple baptistries and baptisms continuing after the service, I can easily envision FBC realistically hitting the 25,000 mark for a year

I'll thank you to not rip me for not going to FBC and SEE what was going on. The ministries I'm in are at my local church and I need to be faithful to them every service. You have ties to FBC and can answer the questions. You have provided the answers I was looking for. Why not leave it at that?

I'm not questioning the quality of anything. I was questioning the ability to baptize 25,000 people in one year. You've answered that question.

Not 25,000. We're not big enough to able to afford a bus ministry like FBC can, and we don't have a Chicagoland area to draw people from. It has nothing to do with our desire to see people saved.

Based on what you've told me about the facilities, number of services, and alluded to the length of time spent baptizing, I'm happy to say that my speculation about the 25,000 baptisms in a year goal was wrong. Next.

4. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

You bet.

There are, of course, many other allegations made against Dr. Hyles for past actions. I believe these actions are the largest reason for the vitriol. I've read that material for myself and I believe it to be true. Very sad that those kinds of things happened in any church. :(

I am very sincere in saying that I hope Dr. Schaap is leading FBC past those days. I think it's going to take a very long time, if ever, for many IFBers to embrace FBC again, if they ever did in the first place. I can't blame them and I myself am cautiously optimistic.

5. jarhed

jarhed New Member

HAC Grad. Do you know Alan R. or Joe A?????

6. HACgrad

HACgrad New Member

Sorry jarhead, can't say that I know either of those names.

7. jarhed

jarhed New Member

Just wondering, they were there about the same time as yourself. God Bless, Jarhed

8. rozy

rozy Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One does not need to meet some one in order to understand what they teach and their philosophies.

Well I'm glad for that.

No you don't understand why we disagree with Jack Hyles, in fact if this what you believe you haven't got a clue. We don't think that man-centered, ego-inflating, numbers oriented minstiries are biblical, but rather harm the cause of Christ.

I hope to God that I never am "sucessful" like Jack Hyles was, I would rather glorify and exalt Christ.

We don't attack his doctrine, we simply proclaim the truth of Scripture and how it is contrary to many things that he blieved. As far as sucess goes again, you have a very warped view of sucess. I can say bibliclaly that I believe C4K's ministry in Ireland, though it may be small, is far more sucessfull in God's eyes than the man-centered Finney influnced ministry of Jack Hyles. You have no right in judging our ministries when you haven't even seen them. Whereas Mr. Hyles ministry is well observable to all.

It is this type of attitude that I have seen coming from the ministry of HAC that I believe is more detrimental to the Kingdom of Christ than good.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Comparing the success of a ministry? Huh? Is this the twilight zone?

I wonder how God is not glorified by the conversion of souls? Be it 1 or thousands?

9. Paul33

Paul33 New Member

The truth is, all any of us can do is share the gospel message. The Holy Spirit must bring regeneration, repentance and faith.

We preach the good news; God regenerates the lost soul.

10. MikeinGhana

MikeinGhana New Member

Still going and going and going!