1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Results of The Founders Ministry, PDC and Calvinism in Combination

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by gb93433, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

I do have a problem with having a contemporary and traditional service.
    We gather at the church to worship the people of God and it is pure self centeredness to refuse to worship with old/young people do to tastes in music.

We do mostly traditional music at our church but we also do some contemporary as well.

When we do traditional, the young people sing along. When we sing new contemporary, the older people sing along as well.

It is not the styles that make this wrong but the fact that it divides the church.

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

if a person were there to truely worship God music style wouldn't matter, whats matters is whats in the heart, is worship for God in the heart there will be worship.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

When our pastor left to plant another church, our new pastor had a GARB background, and I don't think he cared much for the "model" so to speak, although we kept much of it in place. We no longer have the class 101, 201, etc.

4. yshwa4life

yshwa4life New Member

..we're all different.

We have different services at our church and it works just fine. Solid teaching, solid leadership, vibrant small groups, body life, service ministries everywhere you look etc. what's the problem?

:jesus:

5. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Some wish to force all into one mold.

6. yshwa4life

yshwa4life New Member

that's crazy. i guess i can understand some of why people think that way..but we need to be careful not to try and push our personal convictions on others.

When i first started reading the bible on a regular for instance, i was a KJV only guy trust me. The farther we get away from the fire, the more watered down the message becomes; but i've found after some years of intense study and walking with God that we can pretty much trust everything all the way up to the NLT. That was liberating for me!

Some may disagree on that point and try defending some of the newer versions but i'm not into it.

That's my personal conviction though.

:wavey: