1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The rich are paying more tax than their secretaries?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, at least that is what the liberals are saying.

First that is a LIE! Yes, a lie. It is a lie, because the libs are intentionally trying to deceive us.

If Boss Jones is paying 1 million in taxes and his secretary, Joan is paying $1,000 - that Jones is paying more!
    Now % wise maybe Joan is paying more.

If that is the case - than say % wise. But any math teacher (even liberal ones) will admit that one million is more than 1,000.

Also, we were only given only 1 or 2 example (that I recall) if it was really a big problem, wouldn't the libs be giving us dozens, hundreds of examples. ( I'm sure the Hollywood libs would be glad to admit this transgression)

Now lets take another look - why is the boss paying a less %. Perhaps he is giving more to charity than Joan even makes. He may have some tax credits - home interest, ect. Keep in mind, Joan probably only works 40 hours a week - where the boss is liable to work 60+ and of course is always on 24 hour call.

Here is my question - why don't the liberals tell the whole story?

2. Doubting Thomas

Doubting Thomas Active Member

I think the title of your post is backwards (at least in how it is phrased as a question), based on what I'm reading in the content of the post.

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

When my husband was doing well with his business, he paid a ton to the government. When he sold his business after building it with no grants or government money, the government took half. Now that he's a pastor, we don't make enough to pay federal tax but we do pay state.

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Opps it should say "The rich are paying more IN TaxES than their secretaires" note: Bold is the missing parts.

this new computer is driving me nuts - can I use that excuse this time:laugh: Thanks for catching that

5. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Cowboys and millionaires are in Mitt Romney's income-tax-free 47%

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/topoftheticket/lat-na-tt-cowboys-20120918,0,3473584.story

6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Probably 95% of these millionaires are retired people with no wage income, so no income tax. Instead they get their income via their investments. In this case they pay capital gains taxes instead of income taxes.

Nothing to see here....move along.

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Very true. As they made money, they paid taxes. As I said, my husband sold his business for millions - and paid fully half to the government before he even paid his investors. So while we do not pay taxes right now, the government has plenty of the money that we have made. We probably paid more in that one sale than the government would have made on BOTH of us for our entire lives if we just continued working in regular jobs.