1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The right way to open air preach

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I try to ensure everything on my place -- probably best described as "hobby farm" -- has a return on investment. If I feed it, I get something in return. The rabbits: as long as the babies keep selling, the rabbits keep getting fed.

The calves have about another 6 months before we start discussing stew meat, roasts, and steaks. Someone told me to be careful, or they'll become pets. The answer to that is to name them something that reminds you of their purpose. The first two were called T-Bone and Chuck Roast. This pair is known as Jerkey and Happy Meal.

The chickens haven't been laying lately; or, since they're free-ranging, they're laying somewhere I haven't found. Which means, pretty soon, there's gonna be a chicken dinner at the local "families feeding families"....

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who are you to say that you (yourself) are the elect

• Like Like x 1
  3. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

Amazing is the fact so many struggle with whether they are elect (chosen by God for salvation) yet claim they are saved via easy-believism. The Scriptures speak of all He saves as elect. There are none other! It's the milk of the Word this doctrine!

It's no secret society or mystical reality that none knows whether one is or not. I know since I'm saved that therefore He chose me before the foundation of the world. Chosen is to be elected by God. Get over it especially with slapping each other around with it. It's callow behavior Spiritually speaking.

What is also interesting is to watch others speak so confidently and highly of themselves that they chose God but shrink in fear and lack of faith when confronted with the fact that God, who is Almighty handled that Himself and it is He who chooses. Interesting indeed the irony!

• Like Like x 1
  4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Realize that you are using circular reasoning here - - "I know I'm elect because God elected me."

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo using Tapatalk.

5. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Questioning my salvation?

6. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course he's not. It's a valid question. You should answer it. Remember 1 Peter 3:15? Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you Don, I couldn't have said it better. E-6589, You yourself said "Who am I to say who is the elect?"

8. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Already have. Rabbits taste good grilled.

Does this make me a member of the rabbit club?

Sent from my SM-S766C using Tapatalk