1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The role of the wife.

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Cutter, May 28, 2008.

1. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

Christians do not aldulterize, Donna. Just like an unsaved person will never make it to heaven unsaved -- a Christian will not go out and sleep with someone that is not his wife or her husband. There are certain things that saved people do not do. When you're saved by the Blood of Jesus - you strive to be like Him. Your body is now a temple for Him.

I would like to correct this post to say that Christians do not adulterize and continue in their sin. I do believe that a Christian can commit adultery and still be saved (King David), but unless he/she repents -- they are not saved -- they are in danger of hellfire.

#61 Brother Shane, Jun 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2008
  2. dan e.

dan e. New Member

that's just bad theology. Being a believer does not mean no more mistakes. It doesn't even mean the lack of struggle.

3. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

I am not saying a saved person does not sin -- I am saying that if you are truly saved, you are chastised by your sin (Hebrews 12:5-8). If you are not chastised by your sin, your are not saved. If you are fine with your sin, you can not be saved. God never approves of sin. A saved person is brought before their sin and goes to sin no more! They repent!

4. TLB

TLB New Member

ok...who wants to see Shane fast forward 10 or 20 yrs with a little experience in a thing called "real life"? :laugh:

it seems to me Shane, you are saying that the sin of adultery is worse than other sin. that just isn't true. sin is sin. look how sin full David was in the Bible...and he was described as a man after God's own heart....what sin was discussed the most of his? adultery.

5. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

No, that makes you a good husband. :thumbs:

Would you come and paint my porch? :laugh:

6. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

He also repented! :thumbs:

7. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

You got far too much free time for a submissive wife Amy.(taking all these lunch breaks and all). You need to get a second job, so you can buy your husband a new fishing boat............:)

[​IMG] You paint the same spot over and over!!!

BBob,

#67 Brother Bob, Jun 16, 2008
  8. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Know anybody that needs a good painter? :laugh:

(they have to let me have lunch breaks though) :tongue3:

9. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Your husband trying to tunnel his way back in to the house after you through him out!!

[​IMG]

BBob,

10. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Bro. Bob, am I gonna have to come up there to Kentucky and smack you? :laugh:

I think my husband should get a second job so he can have me a pool built. As hot as I got today painting all day in the sun, I sure would like to go jump in some cool water!

[​IMG]

11. jdlongmire

jdlongmire New Member

Recovering Biblical Manhood and Womanhood

A Response to Evangelical Feminism By John Piper

Evangelical feminism has had a profound impact on the Church. In this book, 22 men and women commit their talents to produce the most thorough response yet to evangelical feminism. The writers identify their view as complementarian rather than "traditional" or "hierarchical." The book combines systematic argumentation with popular application and deals with all the main passages of Scripture brought forward in this controversy. An important and informative book for those concerned with the fundamental questions of the relationship between men and women in home, church and society.

Read this book online (1.4MB PDF).

Probably relevant :)

12. jdlongmire

jdlongmire New Member

Why do you think some people reject the command that wives should submit to their husbands?

[​IMG] Listen

This, too! :D

13. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Shane, a person is chastised because of their sin, not by their sin. Perhaps this is what you meant?

But, how do you know that this man is not being chastened? You have no way of knowing what God is doing in this man's life.

Do you believe that chastening is a quick process, like a spanking, and then it's done? Experience will tell you that God often spends years turning back a disobedient son. You simply haven't lived long enough to have seen this for yourself.

I also would appreciate your views on whether a son can ignore the chastening of a father with view to how God chastens us.

But, all of these things are far off topic, so I am going to start another thread to discuss them. Post replies to my questions here, please:

http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?p=1248345#post1248345

#73 menageriekeeper, Jun 16, 2008
  14. TLB

TLB New Member

that is correct Shane...but who are you to say that this man, who committed the sin of adultry, will not one day repent? and who are you to question his salvation? ***please do not make the mistake that i am taking up for him because i am not***

15. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

You did not do what James 4:7 commands.

James 4:7, "Submit therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you."
    You did not submit to God and did not resist the devil. Your submission is to God first not to anyone else. Submission to God is unconditional. Submission to people is conditional. You are obligated to submit to God and resist the devil. However you did neither. Instead you became a doormat to your husband and did not resist the devil.

If what you say is true then you submitted yourself to a man who was following Satan. That is not godly submission but rather being a doormat and doing what Satan desired. You failed to have enough strength to stand for righteousness. Your husband should have been exposed immediately for who he was both by you and the church you attended. Too many churches "pray" for a man in sin rather than deal with his sin like they should. That is the purpose of church discipline.

#75 gb93433, Jun 16, 2008
  16. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

What time you are here you and my wife can go in my pool............:)

BBob

17. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

It is not COMMITTED -- it is CONTINUING TO COMMIT, TLB. One day, yes, he may repent. One day, he may get saved. But you will never convince me that God will wait to the last minute to chastise him. God chastises his own the scripture says, and if this man is not getting chastened, he is not of God's! The scripture says that. I am not "questioning" his salvation -- I'm telling you what the Bible says. I'm no more questioning his salvation than I am the next person that sleeps around. Open your Bible and you see that those people DO NOT go to Heaven -- DO NOT!!! Call it whatever you must to make me sound bad, but I am not the one of concern here.

18. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Oh boy!!!!
    Can I bring my dog?

19. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

There is an over abundance of water in Iowa if you would like some.

20. nunatak

nunatak New Member

Cutter, you titled this thread, the role of the wife. Why do you insist on focusing on the wife when you ask if these verses are still applicable? The only way they can be applicable is if the husband is FIRST the head of the wife.