1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

THE ROSARY - IS THAT SCRIPTURAL?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by rbrent, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

From Carson:

Yes and no. I can hear you now, "What?" ;)

Don't worry, I'm not crazy.

Speaking of my physical body, yes she certainly is my mother, but speaking of our spiritual nature, she is not.

She has a soul and I have a soul that were created by God, making Him our Father. Therefore, my mother and I are brother and sister. Ever wonder why we call each other brother and sister here? That's why. In heaven, my mother will not be my mother, she will be my sister in Christ.

I was going to put that point into my original post, but it slipped my mind once I began typing.

I think there is a way we can agree on this matter. Mary gave birth to Jesus, so she is indeed the mother of that person of God. However, I firmly believe that not an ounce of Mary's blood went into making the Savior. Otherwise, he would have had tainted blood, and no longer been a suitable sacrifice to God.

Let's look at it in three aspects...the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

Did Mary give birth to the Son-God? Yes.
    Did Mary give birth to the Father-God? No.
    Did Mary give birth to the Holy Ghost-God? No.

So, while you can technically say that she is indeed the mother of an aspect of the Son of God, who is God, she is not the mother of the whole Trinitarian God-head.

God Bless. Bro. James

2. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

We can not be entirely certain about every aspect of our future existence and relationships to one another in Heaven. It is clear that we will have glorified bodies, that we will know one another, and that we will all praise the Lord together. It is also clear there will not be a need for marriage and therefore it can be implied that there will be no further procreation of our kind.

However, we don't know the form our bodies shall have nor to what extent they will be like they are now. We don't know whether we will be old or young, be male or female, retain our racial identity, have need of food and drink, speak the same language, or have other attributes, needs, and activities similar to what we now posses and entertain. So, it can not be said that we will call one another brother and sister in Heaven nor that we will or will not honor, to some extent, the relationships we once had on earth.

We can say Heaven will be a good thing and worth the trip because we will be reunited in peace with our creator, savior, and comforter forever!

Actually, none of us have the same blood as our mothers. The placenta is the natural interface between the fetus and the mother and the two blood supplies mingle closely but they do not join together. Our blood is not the source of our physical identity but merely one small aspect of it.

As far as we know, the human form of Jesus, aside from the means of conception, was created and developed in the same manner as all men just as the Trinity of God designed, built, and activated it. We really don't know that there were any natural physical attributes about Jesus that made him different that other men. We know He had power beyond imagination yet He did not stray from His purpose to use it.

Regardless, I think it's more significant that Jesus was fully man having natural ancestors all the way back to Adam and Eve yet at the same time He was fully God having the power to resist temptation as a man, take upon Himself the sins of all He chose, and overcome the condemnation of death put upon us for our disobedience to God.

If He had not been fully man and fully God He would not have been Jesus. What a miraculous and clever plan this was!

Again, this is how I understand it but I'm just a man and can't really comprehend the things of God. I hope some day to know for certain the truth of these mysteries.

3. rbrent

rbrent New Member

Okay my Catholic Friends - What about the ROSARY?

(1) The Catholic Church borrowed their Rosary concept from Hinduism, Buddhism, and Islam, right?

(2) Did any believer in the Old Testament use a Rosary as an aid to prayer?

(3) Did any believer in the New Testament use a Rosary as an aid to prayer?

(4) Can any Catholic give me the scripture verses which mention the following Catholic Beliefs about the Rosary?

(5) Would ANYONE reading the Bible - ANY BIBLE come away from his Bible Reading believing any of the following Catholic Beliefs about the Rosary?

The 15 Promises of Mary

1. Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive powerful graces.

2. I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.

3. The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies

4. It will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of people from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.

5. The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.

6. Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its Sacred Mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just, he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.

7. Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the Sacraments of the Church.

8. Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plentitude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the Saints in Paradise.

9. I shall deliver from purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.

10. The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.

11. You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.

12. All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.

13. I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death

14. All who recite the Rosary are my children, and brothers and sisters of my only Son, Jesus Christ.

15. Devotion of my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.

Blessings of the Rosary

1. Sinners are forgiven.

2. Souls that thirst are refreshed.

3. Those who are fettered have their bonds broken.

4. Those who weep find happiness

5. Those who are tempted find peace.

6. The poor find help.

7. Religious are reformed.

8. Those who are ignorant are instructed.

9. The living learn to overcome pride.

10. The dead (the Holy Souls) have their pains eased by suffrages.

Benefits of the Rosary

1. It gradually gives us a perfect knowledge of Jesus Christ.

2. It purifies our souls, washing away sin.

3. It gives us victory over all our enemies.

4. It makes it easy for us to practice virtue.

5. It sets us on fire with love of Our Lord.

6. It enriches us with graces and merits.

7. It supplies us with what is needed to pay all our debts to God and to our fellow men.

8. It obtains all kinds of graces for us from Almighty God.

Forgive me if my request irritates you but would a Bible Believing Catholic please give me the verses which support each of the above Roman Catholic Teachings?

Many Thanks! [​IMG]

4. Harley4Him

Harley4Him New Member

Hey, I didn't know catholics were calvinists! [​IMG]

5. rbrent

rbrent New Member

Check out this site:

http://www.theholyrosary.org/

It is a Roman Catholic Website about the Rosary.

THEY give the statement, allegedly from Mary - "Devotion of my Rosary is a great sign of predestination."

Where Catholics got that belief, I have no idea.

6. GraceSaves

GraceSaves New Member

Try the Immaculate Conception on for size. Problem solved.

So you believe that where Jesus is present, the Father and the Spirit are not present?

And you believe that where the Spirit is present, Jesus and the Fahter are not present?

And where the Father is present, the Spirit and the Son are not present?

I don't know about you, but I believe in one God. Where the Son is, so also is the Spirit and the Father.