1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Ryder Cup

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Tom Butler, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

I confess that I am a golf nut. I love to play, and I love to watch it played. For American golf fans, this past weekend's Ryder Cup was the ultimate thrill.

The US team won for the first time since 1999 with some amazing performances. This is to take nothing from the Europeans. They turned in some amazing rounds as well. This time is was not enough.

We here in Kentucky lived and died with every stroke by our fellow Kentuckians Kenny Perry and J.B. Holmes. Then we hung on every stroke by their teammates.

To non-golfers, no explanation is possible as to why we are still basket cases on the Monday after. To golfers, no explanation is necessary.

2. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

The Ryder Cup is my favorite golf to watch - esp. when it is close. I love the match play format. And I also love how the usual gentlemanly decorum of the fans and players is relaxed and we get to see some excitement among both.

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I am a Europe fan when it comes to the Ryder Cup. It was a great disappointment 2 years ago when it was held about 5 miles from here, but it was literally impossible for 'normal' fans to get tickets.

Fair play to the American players for a job well done.

4. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Could not have said it any better myself!!
    And the best part for me was that the US did it without Tiger. Hmmm....

5. TomVols

TomVols New Member

One word....Zinger.

Crowd was awesome. I love how Valhalla played. I can't wait to get some memorabilia since I used to live near the course. Almost had tix to the event.

Ryder Cup is one of my favorite sporting events. Count me in as another golf nut! (play and watch)