1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Sabbath- Do we still need to keep it?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Claudia_T, Jan 14, 2007.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    God never gave HIS BLESSING as a curse or a burden.

The BLESSING of Christ the Creator's Sabbath memorial of creation MADE "FOR Mankind" - is the priviledge of every Christian to enjoy.

Rebellion against the Word of God is the choice that every human is confronted with - from day one.

In Christ,

Bob

2. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Isaiah 58 - God's Word says --

13 ""If because of the Sabbath, you turn your foot From doing your own pleasure on My holy day, And [b]call the Sabbath a delight, The Holy Day of the LORD[/b] honorable, And honor it, desisting from your own ways, From seeking your own pleasure And speaking your own word,

14 Then you will take delight in the LORD, And I will make you ride on the heights of the earth; And I will feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father, For the mouth of the LORD has spoken.''

3. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Christ said that the Sabbath was “MADE FOR MANKIND” Mark 2:27. In fact in Isaiah 66 God makes this prediction
    From Sabbath to Sabbath shall ALL MANKIND come before Me to Worship”

Isaiah 56

6 ""
    Also the FOREIGNERS who join themselves to the LORD, To minister to Him, and to love the name of the LORD, To be His servants, every one who keeps from profaning THE Sabbath And holds fast My covenant;
    7 Even those I will bring to My holy mountain And make them joyful in My house of prayer. Their burnt offerings and their sacrifices will be acceptable on My altar; For My house will be called
    a house of prayer for ALL the PEOPLES.''

8 The Lord GOD, who gathers the dispersed of Israel, declares, ""
    Yet others I will gather to them, to those already gathered.''

4. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    BobRyan:
    "Christ RESTED on the Sabbath even in His work of redemption on the Cross."

GE:
    Christ for not a second was on the cross during the Sabbath Day.

5. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Christ for not a second rested while on the cross.

6. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    BR:
    "We too should rest in Christ and honor HIS OWN Seventh-day Sabbath memorial of Creation -- HIS creative work."

GE:
    The same sterile, mechanical, half untruths so monotonously repeated by BR the SDA. Tiresome and lifeless!

7. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    grahame:
    "When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished:"(John 19:30)"

What, after Jesus' suffering is also intended - in fact as of the one and same substance - is "the hour" of Jesus' Father being glorified by Him through His suffering. Jesus' suffering is, the Father's glory in His dying ... and rising from the dead. Jesus with the word, "Finished" reaches across the abyss to take hold upon His reward in resurrection to life vitorious.

8. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:
    The shewbread was a special and exclusively Sabbath-offering! David really enjoyed his Sabbath Day - the Lord's Day -- he ate of Christ by faith. Another 'Sabbath-Scripture unknown'. See the thread. Just maybe I'll come to this one, DV.

9. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    BR:
    "Rev 14:6-7 "WORSHIP Him who CREATED the heavens and the earth the seas and springs of water" just as we see stated in the Sabbath Commandment of Christ in Ex 20:8-11."

GE:
    Long before Ex 20:8-11 you should have noticed the rest of the section of 'Rev 14:6-7', where 'the commandments' are defined as, quoting the word 'kai': "IN FACT BEING the Faith of Jesus" : 'The BLESSING of Christ the REDEEMER'S Sabbath memorial of SALVATION, "made", "FOR", "Man" - This One the Son of Man - firstly, and afterwards, for the redeemed "from among mankind" --- the priviledge of every Christian to enjoy!'

10. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Grahame:
    "I wonder how many Gentiles keep the Passover as well?"

GE:
    This gentile does - in Christ or through faith in Christ. Isn't it said He is our Passover? Of course He is! So is He our every other sacrifice and offering of the Old Testament.