1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Salvation Army - The goal of full employment.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ben W, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I looked at the first half of it. One of the things that concerns me is that high taxes have forced women into the workplace. In the USA, after World War II, federal taxes on the middle class were little more than ten percent. Women were able to stay home and life was more family centered.

Now here in the USA, the total tax bill for all forms of taxes is approaching fifty percent for the middle class. Contrary to popular opinion, the rich are little hurt by tax increases because they rule the government and they have built-in loopholes and shelters in the tax code which with the supporting legislation is nine million words long.

The government should have a decreasing role in society. This can only be done by cutting taxes deeply so that money is left in the hands of individuals to buy what is best for them.

Nor can the government provide employment for everyone. Here we have a labor shortage and are allowing illegal immigrants to do our work. Part of the demand is based upon the fact that we have executed forty million unborn babies in the last thirty years. The rest of the demand is based upon the idea that women should work and therefore there is less time for anyone to do the cooking, etc., of everyday life so that a working family now pays for eating out, childcare, lawn care, painting, and home repairs that used to be done by the homeowners themselves.

But I agree with the Australian Salvation Army that the standard of living is falling and that we are more and more economically insecure as the economy imports manufactured goods from cheap markets but hasn't found a way to replace the lost high-paying jobs for the ordinary blue-collar worker.

3. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

It's not taxes. It's keepoing up with the Jonses. When I think what I have, compared to what my father had, it's clear I have a load of expensive and not really necessary things that my father's family did without.

Partially, there is a loss in earning power. But the biggest thing is, we want a bigger house, three cars, vacation cruises, and it all costs money.

We don't live simply as people did a generation or so ago.

4. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Without high taxes, you could have all those things that you want sooner. It is taxes. The middle class is paying for big government and big government is destroying the middle class. After the destruction of the middle class, how will government continue?