1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Salvation Issue

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by jprieto, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All Scripture From TNIV

Why was Paul "convinced"in verse 38? He was convinced because of what preceeded verses 38 and 39.In verse 31 Paul related :"What shall we say in response to these things." What are "these things"?Answer -- verses 28-30.

Believers can have added confidence that nothing will separate us from the love of God because of the Golden Chain Of Salvation.A Christian's confident trust is buttressed on that passage.Verse 33 is also a good one:Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen?"

Again,taking verses 38 and 39 in isolation is not wise.The persuasion has to rest on something secure which is furnished in the preceeding section I gave.

2. lbaker

lbaker New Member

Galatians 5:2-4 is a good example of folks in danger of losing their salvation if they turn to a system of works for justification instead of trusting Jesus.

2Mark my words! I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no value to you at all. 3Again I declare to every man who lets himself be circumcised that he is obligated to obey the whole law. 4You who are trying to be justified by law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.