1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The same Children....Jn6.....Hebrews 2

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Iconoclast, Jun 29, 2015.

1. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

The children given to the Son are those whom God Foreknew would recieve Christ and therefore were Predestinated to be conformed to the image of the Son.

Now the word for foreknow in the Greek is "proegnO" He Before Knew" and therefore "proOrisen" He Before Seizes."

Thayer gives the word foreknow as "proginosko" which means to have knowledge before hand, to foreknow, of those whom God elected to salvation to predestinate. Again He had knowledge of beforehand, that is knowledge of them before He chose them.

He knew them that would be totally knew them and thus seized or Predestined them and those were given to Christ based on the choice He knew they would make. He Knew everything about them before the foundation of the world.

Confirms those who are Christ are those who were chosen before the Foundation of the world that is chosen as Romans 8 says by God's Foreknowledge. How do we know that because both say we were predestinated.
    Why were we predestinated because He knew us totally and without doubt knew everything about us even to the Choice we would make about salvation.

Christ was sent as the appeasing sacrifice for sin so that those who choose not to believe would have no argument that God didn't give them a chance.

How do we know that God knew us everything about us,

He knew every person who would call upon Christ. Paul said "The Lord knoweth them that are his." He "egno" Knew. Thayer uses "ginosko " to learn to know, get a knowledge of perceive, feel, to become known, to know, understand, perceive, have knowledge of to understand, to know, Jewish idiom for intimacy between a man and a women. To become acquainted, to know.

He knew all about those He chose and gave to Christ because of His omniscience He knew us before the foundation of the world and chose us to be adopted and conformed to Christ.

Notice it wasn't a random selection as some teach, He Foreknew that knew all about us and the sin we would sin and yet He knew too that we would Call upon His Name and Believe on the Son for salvation and thus we were predestinated.

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    DHK

Every biblical Calvinist believes this.....

MONSTER STRAWMAN ALERT...DHK IS AT IT AGAIN
    Calvinism is the biblical truth that you do not understand.

Spurgeon set aside nothing....He does not have to. If you understood biblical Calvinism you would not make this foolish clown statement.
    Calvinism has the biblical balance that you lack.

Spurgeon and other biblical calvinists are not afraid to challenge the sheep to self examine where they are in life.

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You are a hyper-Calvinist. Spurgeon would call you that. He does not believe what you believe.
    Spurgeon honestly exegeted the scriptures no matter what the truth of Scripture said. If it opposed Calvinism he would preach it any way. In fact many times the Calvinists were angry at him because he preached against a limited atonement.
    There is no such thing as "Biblical Calvinist."

Here is what you said, just for a reminder:

no...they can hear the historic facts and claims of the gospel. but they CANNOT savingly grasp it unless enabled to by God.

--There is no possible way that Spurgeon agrees with that. The whole first paragraph of his sermon is entirely opposed to what you believe. Read it for yourself
    There is hardly a statement in there that you believe.

They have all the knowledge they need to know but will not believe the gospel. They understand it, but will not believe it. They understand all the points of Calvinism (as Spurgeon defines them), but will not believe Christ.

It seems obvious that Spurgeon does not believe in reprobation as you do.

4. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are all over the place. Spurgeon was a Calvinist. He was opposed to hyper-Calvinism. He did not preach against Particular Redemption --he advocated it in numerous sermons.
    In your world water must not be wet.

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I note that you did not deny anything I said.

6. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    revmwc

This is a falsehood as posted. you insist on a wrong definition of Foreknow.
    this also must be wrong

[/QUOTE]

You describe God as a spectator and not really God. This has to be rejected.

#26 Iconoclast, Jun 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2015
  7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Saay Whaaaat?????????

8. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course I did.

# 1 C.H.S. was a Calvinist. It is as plain as day. He was a five-pointer. Not that that encompasses the whole of Calvinism --it does not. But he was in agreement with the Canons of Dort.

"Many times Calvinists [fellow Calvinists] were angry with him because he preached against a limited atonement."

Spurgeon was himself a fellow Calvinist. How could his fellow Calvinists be angry with him regarding Particular Redemption? And you emphasized your error by saying "many times."

Please document your charges.

Spurgeon preached on the subject of Particular Redemption --in its favor.

You need to stop reading through the lens of David Cloud. Your vision of spurgeon is blurred.

You haven't the foggiest idea of any distinction between Calvinism and hyper-Calvinism. Hyper-Calvinists were against his ministry. He loved them as brothers in the Lord, but they took things too far.

9. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :laugh::laugh: I missed putting a quote around that line...which belongs to Rmac:thumbsup: take it up with him...lol

10. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    DHK

You cannot describe a hyper Calvinist

you cannot describe a Calvinist,

The only thing you do well is bear false witness breaking the 9th commandment daily as a habit.
    Spurgeon would own me as a brother .
    He believed most of what I believe without a doubt.
    Yes...that is why all Cals like Spurgeon...many non cals enjoy his sermons also. The fact is you do not have the theological acumen to understand half of what you are reading in his sermons:laugh: You think you are posting aginst us, but we understand the sermons and enjoy them:laugh:
    Nothing in scripture opposes Calvinism. It is the biblical truth explained.

This is a lie...something you do everyday and have grown used to it.

Such lies as this need to be exposed. You say you do not want threads on Spurgeon and yet you even bear false witness against him.
    If i take the time to post quote after quote, I will also take the time to re-post your flat out lie. I am not going to hear you offer some lame retraction either...[ oh...it looks like I was mistaken}:laugh:
    They are everywhere DHK....we will pray that some come into the church you attend and throw you out with your truth denying ideas.
    I stand by what i post. Unless God allows someone to savingly understand these truths, or any truth for that matter...they cannot.

You claiming I am a Hyper-cal might be exhibit number 1 of this fact.

I believe most all of what Spurgeon says in the main. There are some things I do not agree on.

He did...I will show it and then further expose you for who and what you are:thumbs:

11. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I believe you are correct about DHK listening to David Cloud and these other bogus sites. His posts grow more and more deranged:thumbs::thumbs:

12. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

God knew them i.e. he knew everything about them even the choice they would make for salvation and were therefore predestinated the greek word means seized so He seized them and called them to be his adopted Children and conformed to the image of His dear Son.

The quote was from my post I believe.

13. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    DHK reacted because he thought I posted it...now he knows it was your post he says nothing:laugh::laugh::laugh:.. No agenda:wavey:

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

No problem. The way the statement was written was a bit confusing to me. That is all.

15. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yeah.....I am sure that was it..lol