1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

THE SECOND BIRTH

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Frances, Aug 30, 2005.

1. It does apply to people of this day. In fact it applies to YOU ! like I said there are many who are in Christian churches who CLAIM to be Christians but really arn't.

I'd like to hear your tesimony on how you " GOT SAVED " Frances ? According to your original post you were NEVER Born Again.

[ September 04, 2005, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: RightFromWrong ]

2. Frances

Frances New Member

Rightfromwrong, You can read of my conversion under the first post of the topic "Second Birth."

3. Frances, Yeah that is exactly what I was refering to. Not saved :confused:

See here is where your problem is with losing your salvation.

You do not understand that it ISN'T sin that sends you to HELL. It's your CONDITION that sends you there. One doesn't have to SIN to go to Hell, just the fact that we were born SEPERATED from a Holy God is enough. God told Adam and Eve that they would DIE if they ate of the tree of good and evil. They didn't die PHYSICALLY that day they died SPIRITUALLY
    ( death means seperation ).

MARK 3:28-29 says " Truly I say to you ALL SINS will be forgiven of man and whatever blasphemies they utter; BUT whoever blasphemes AGAINST the Holy Spirit NEVER has forgiveness, but is guilty of an ETERNAL SIN !

Your CONDITION sends you to Hell not SIN !
    Being in a new right relationship with God sends you to Heaven. Not doing good works or living right.

That is why Jesus told Nicodemus you must be BORN AGAIN ! AMEN

4. Frances

Frances New Member

Nicodemus will be born again when he recieves the immortal body

5. Receive not recieve

6. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

If you can lose your salvation, how do you know you've lost it?

When you "learn" you've lost your salvation, do you confess, repent, and turn to God? Do you make it all public again? Do you have to get baptised again?

What a terrible way to live. I'm saved now, I'm not saved, I'm saved, I'm not saved. . . .

7. Frances

Frances New Member

It may be that one who falls away from God would not know if they have.
    In 2nd Thessalonians & 2nd Chapter 10th, 11th & 12th verses reads as follows:

And with all decievableness of unrightousness in them that perish, because they recieve not the LOVE of the TRUTH that they might be saved, for this cause God shall send them strong delusions that they should believe a lie.
    12th. That they all might be damned who believe not the truth but had pleasure in ununrighteous.

8. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

Sin is sin, regardless.

No one "TOTALLY" stops sinning after they are saved, this is why we must be "SEALED" when "SAVED" against sin by the "Holy Ghost".

Jas 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, (one sin) he is guilty of all.

IF ONE SIN committed after salvation was charged against our souls, then the only way that sin could be "REMITTED" is to have JESUS return and die for it, "DEATH" is the wages of sin, "REPENTING/SEEKING FORGIVNESS" can not, will not, pay the "wages of sin".

In a "nutshell", losing salvation today because of sin, gaining it back tommorow, teaches that the sin which cause the loss of salvation can be "REMITTED", WITHOUT JESUS having to die for them.

Jesus IS NOT coming back to die again for any more sins, you're salvation is either "ETERNAL" or "never".