1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Second Coming !

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Wittenberger

Wittenberger New Member

I never went to college because of the Rapture!

I grew up in a fundamentalist Baptist church. I was told that the Rapture HAD to happen prior to the passing of the generation that saw Israel become a nation.

That meant I would never go to college, get married, have children, etc.

Well, the generation in question has more than passed and no Rapture!

Thank God I found Lutheranism! There WILL be a Second Coming but no secret rapture. The concept of a secret Rapture was invented by Catholic theologians and popularized by a Scottish Presbyterian and an English Brethren pastor.

It is false doctrine, used to stir up hysteria. For more info go to: htpp://www.LutherWasNotBornAgain.com

2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    <never mind>

#22 kyredneck, Jul 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2012
  3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

To suggest that the Saints were disappointed because they did not come to experience an God given hope and expectation, is showing a lack of understanding of scripture. Abraham was given a Hope to look for and expect but never experienced it. Heb 11:8-13

By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

11 Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.

12 Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.

13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

The word Looked in vs 10 means to wait, to expect ! He never received the Promise, but to say He died disappointed is next to Blasphemy and very dishonoring to God !

4. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you anxious to peg me as one? Perhaps you would blaspheme me if I were. I'm actually a conglomeration of the four views on eschatology, I find some merit in them all.

I believe what many do today in ignoring/explaining away the myriad of 'imminent return' passages to be blasphemy. As far as I'm concerned, it's absolutely nothing short of calling Christ and the NT writers liars.

5. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ....he that cometh after me....shall baptize you in the Holy Spirit and in fire: Mt 3:11

ONE baptism, or TWO?

(this IS on topic; I'm short on time right now, hesitant to pose this question, will be back)

#25 kyredneck, Jul 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2012
  6. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

krn

I am asking because of what I discern when I read your responses. However, regardless if you are one or not, your responses are erroneous and quite God dishonoring, and dishonoring to His Saving Grace, which Teaches all the Elect to have a Blessed Hope, which is a expectation ! Where the Gentile Believers whom Paul wrote to when He wrote to Titus disappointed of the Blessed Hope they were taught by Sovereign Grace to Have ? Titus 2:11-13

11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men [Jew and Gentile Elect],

12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

So did they die disappointed ?

7. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You take a simple rhetorical reply such as post #13 and 'discern' all of this? It was intended to make a point, which escapes you.

Never mind.

8. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Please deal with the points I made in post 26 and 23 !