1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The sermon this morning made me very angry!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Nov 17, 2013.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You found a needle in a haystack among Reformed churches.

2. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It may not have been WOF,

However, if they could get your wife to separate herself from $100.00, if it sounds like a duck; It walks like a duck; and looks like a duck; it is a duck.

I've been in those kinds of services, and these preachers are as good as any used-car salesman, I've ever heard in the pulpit! These kinds of sermons raised the money they set out to raise, and when people give, like your wife, it is sad because most never know if the Spirit moved them or the persuasiveness of the preacher!

I've learned, when in these high-pressured services, to step back, but the check book away, and decide as to how much to give, after the service is over, and I have time to prayerfully react as to how much I should really give!

Years ago, I was dating a gal, that I co-signed a personal loan for that was supposed to be used to pay off some of her debt!

A few days after she received the check, she excitedly told me that while watching a TBN fund raising week, she felt moved in the spirit to send the entire one-thousand dollars to the network for a satellite. She said God spoke to her and promised her He'd in turn send her seven-fold [times] that amount within the next week!

I blew my stack, but what could I do? I gave her two weeks to get that seven-fold blessing, and once it didn't manifest itself, I shot a letter off to Paul and Jan, and explained the situation to them, that the check was money I co-signed for to help her get some credit cards paid off, and that I'd appreciate the money be returned.

To my surprise, a few days later, TBN sent a check for %500.00 and an apology for the preachers' high pressured sales technique. However, they also argued that at least a half was being kept, as it was still my girl friend's choice, and they prayerfully decided she would feel good with giving at least half of that!

To tell the truth, I never expected a red-cent, but their reasoning was "Lame and selfish!" Nevertheless, at least I recovered half of the gift and personally paid down one of the three credit cards!