1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Seven Heads

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by kyredneck, Mar 19, 2010.

1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There's nothing new about the 'Christianization of the Teutons'. I see in these passages something that has occurred many times throughout history, and some are probably prophetic concerning these very tribes.

That which hath been is that which shall be; and that which hath been done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun. Ecc 1:9

(Secularly referred to as “Christian Imperialism”.)

1 And seven women shall take hold of one man in that day, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name; take thou away our reproach. Isa 4:1

23 Thus saith Jehovah of hosts: In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold, out of all the languages of the nations, they shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you, for we have heard that God is with you. Zech 8:23

17 And in every province, and in every city, whithersoever the king`s commandment and his decree came, the Jews had gladness and joy, a feast and a good day. And many from among the peoples of the land became Jews; for the fear of the Jews was fallen upon them. Esther 8:17

29 Happy art thou, O Israel: Who is like unto thee, a people saved by Jehovah, The shield of thy help, And the sword of thy excellency! And thine enemies shall submit themselves unto thee; And thou shalt tread upon their high places. Dt 33:29

43 Thou dost deliver me From the strivings of the people, Thou placest me for a head of nations, A people I have not known do serve me.
    44 At the hearing of the ear they hearken to me, Sons of a stranger feign obedience to me,
    45 Sons of a stranger fade away, And are slain out of their close places.
    46 Jehovah liveth -- and blessed is my rock, And exalted is the God of my salvation.
    47 God -- who is giving vengeance to me, And He subdueth peoples under me,
    48 My deliverer from mine enemies, Above my withstanders Thou raisest me, From a man of violence dost deliver me.
    49 Therefore I confess Thee among nations, O Jehovah, And to Thy name I sing praise,
    50 Magnifying the salvation of His king, And doing kindness to His anointed, To David, and to his seed -- unto the age! Ps 18 YLT

3 Say to God, `How fearful are Thy works, By the abundance of Thy strength, Thine enemies feign obedience to Thee.
    4 All the earth do bow to Thee, They sing praise to Thee, they praise Thy name.` Selah.
    5 Come ye, and see the works of God, Fearful acts toward the sons of men.
    6 He hath turned a sea to dry land, Through a river they pass over on foot, There do we rejoice in Him.
    7 Ruling by His might to the age, His eyes among the nations do watch, The refractory exalt not themselves. Selah. Ps 66 YLT

24 So the children went in and possessed the land, and thou subduedst before them the inhabitants of the land, the Canaanites, and gavest them into their hands, with their kings, and the peoples of the land, that they might do with them as they would. Neh 9:24

#21 kyredneck, Mar 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2010
  2. olegig

olegig New Member

I agree the stone is Christ and the Church is His Body.
    I would add Paul does not refer to Christ as a King in the sense of Him being a King over the Body.
    Paul refers to Christ as the "head" (Co 1:18) and we members as His ambassadors (2Cor 5:20).
    Therefore the Church may have part to play in the Kingdom; but not as subjects to the King.

IMO Christ needs no one or no organization to complete God's plan for creation.

Don't want to go off on a tangent here; just want to establish this because I can see it might be a point later in the development of this thread.

3. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Olegig, I don't know where you come off with some of this stuff; I suppose it's from your theology's relentless refusal to accept the fact that Christ reigns now.

....and this is not a king?:

And Jesus came to them and spake unto them, saying, All authority hath been given unto me in heaven and on earth. Mt 28:18

4. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    which in its own times he shall show, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; 1 Tim 6:15

These shall war against the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them, for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings; and they also shall overcome that are with him, called and chosen and faithful. Rev 17:14

And he hath on his garment and on his thigh a name written, KINGS OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS. Rev 19:16

5. RAdam

RAdam New Member

You are wasting your time. He refuses to see it. When you reject clear teaching in the bible for a series of confusing charts, you aren't interested in clear language.

6. olegig

olegig New Member

Are we to believe that taking prayer out of schools, countless abortions, rape, murder, removal of the Ten Commandments, covering of crosses, taking "In God We Trust" off the money, suicide bombers, God's chosen people in Israel living in fear, continual wars around the globe,,,etc,,etc,,, are a part of Christ's reign?

Pardon me if I am looking for a bit more than the above.
    And pardon me if I take the following literally.

Isaiah 9:6 (King James Version)
    6For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

But let us not derail this thread on account of a little scriptural truth.

Do you have any passages from Paul showing the Church as subjects under a King and not joint heirs with the Head?

Romans 8:17 (King James Version)
    17And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

I can't wait for this time in the future when the raptured Church will return with Christ in His Glory to rule and reign with Him.
    A time when there will be peace on earth and:
    6The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

RAdam
    I agree it is a waste of time to attempt to get me to believe that the world we see around us now is a world ruled and reigned over by the Lord Jesus Christ's Kingship.

So far as any 'clear teaching' or series of confusion I as yet have figured out how and when those of your position decide what to take literally and what to spiritualize.
    Maybe I have been reading the wrong Book? Perhaps you can suggest some book written by a man that will clear all this up for me.

Maybe we should start from the basics:
    Do you believe that Jesus literally rose from the dead?

7. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's a major problem with the dispensational system.

Please feel free to start another thread. I'll join in. I do want to focus on the seven heads. I've more to share.

FYI, there is no sin and woe in His spiritual kingdom, in that spot where no mortal eye can see.

8. olegig

olegig New Member

I agree the dispensational system is a bit constraining by maintaining a literal interpretation; but as is often seen, that restraint is needed to maintain the authority of scripture.

I'll stay out of the dialog because I don't think I can dialog from the same perspective.

I have no idea what this means. Is it based in scripture?
    All I can do is to quote someone you know quiet well:
    "I don't know where you come off with some of this stuff;"